Page 62 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 291  Next

lau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 12:41 pm

Trebuchet wrote:
YMBAAI:

... you know exactly which size, and style of jeans are comfortable, and the girl at the store doesn't understand what's funny about "Do you want to try those on?".
I have never had that, because I'll not go in shops where I might be asked that. I just use big supermarkets, etc.
Trebuchet wrote:
... you have since decided to just buy your jeans online from now on, because that exchange was too difficult.
See above. Also, buying online wouldn't work, because then they'd be delivered and I wouldn't open the front door.
Trebuchet wrote:
... your Google homepage has nothing but "How to of the day", and links to Instructables, and Make magazine.
Homepage = blank
Trebuchet wrote:
... within ten minutes of talking to your Phsycologist for the first time he asks you if you've ever heard of Asperger's.
You've got me there. It took my counselor three sessions before she said that.
Trebuchet wrote:
... your decision of what to wear that day is a mental graph of your clothing's comfort vs. strength of aroma.
Only if I'm going out and likely to be upwind of someone.
Trebuchet wrote:
... you spend $10 on a pair of socks because you can't stand the seam at the toe of cheap socks.
For that I'd buy lots of socks. But I do that so rarely, anyway. I own 50 year-old socks.
Trebuchet wrote:
... you dropped and broke your hair clippers so you haven't had a haircut for six months because you can't be bothered to replace them or go to the barber.
No haircut for... about 35 years.
Trebuchet wrote:
... you don't even own a hair brush.
I own lots of hairbrushes, as spares, but only one favourite one (again, about 30 years old).

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 12:43 pm

YMBAAI you aspire to be more like Lau. :D

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

lau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 1:14 pm

YMBAAI you just don't care when or where you laugh out loud. If something's funny, it's funny, and I'll laugh. If anyone's got a problem with that, tough!

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 1:16 pm

Lau wrote:
YMBAAI you just don't care when or where you laugh out loud. If something's funny, it's funny, and I'll laugh. If anyone's got a problem with that, tough!

Won't someone please think of the children?!?

:D

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2007, 3:25 pm

Keeping a clean house and cleaning up after your family is like rocket science to you but rocket science is interesting.

BigTimeSynesthete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2007, 3:49 pm

You hate it when Mommy trys to endear you with nicknames like "Honey" or "Sweetie"

You google words that you believe you made up, only to see they already exist in another language

You obsess over nasty, cyberbully replies you get on the internet

You try your very best not to fall in love with gay men, even though they seem so much nicer than the majority of straight men

Your heart beats faster when a teacher, student, or somebody in a movie mentions the words "aspergers" or "autism"

Some moron named John Best, with the username ForeSam, calls you a nitwit

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 6:30 pm

You're a bull in a china shop.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 8:39 pm

CockneyRebel,

I can relate to that. I have bruises from various klutzy things I've done.

virtus_furtim
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2007, 10:01 am

You aren't sure you are an Aspie, so you start writing down every characteristic that you can find, organize them by major and minor aspects, give examples, note the source, and list your own traits that seem to fit the characteristics. Oh, and you blow off other 'important' obligations to do this.

You aren't sure you are an Aspie, so you call you closest friend of many years to ask him if he thinks the Aspie traits apply to you, but he says he can't make any judgments since he doesn't really know you that well.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 10:35 am

You might be an Aspie if you look through someone, not knowing they are in front of you, instead of at them.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 10:37 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
You're a bull in a china shop.

take a bull by the china shop is my favourite

It shows how ridiculous metaphors can be. Like most of them no particular reason why it should make sense other than that they are historically known. I bet they started as an inside joke really. So really you can only say something is a 'mixed' metaphor if you already know the sayings involved. How could you possibly otherwise? Anyway metaphors are not that popular people always use similes not metaphors. Sorry I gone off on one there :lol:

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2007, 12:54 pm

Just for 0_equals_true:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 1:49 pm

Louise wrote:
Just for 0_equals_true:

I like that :D Savage Chickens sounds like something I might say. :D Did it mean Octopuses or just the one? I never understood why it wasn't octupi :?

PatrickG

13 Apr 2007, 4:06 pm

This thread is so long, I'll just borrow the ones that apply to me.

Sean wrote:
...if it takes you 3 times as long to decide if it's safe drive through an intersection as it does a normal person.

...if people behind you at intersections thoroughly hate you.

...if people told you you drive like a granny when you were 23 years old

....you don't think an aspie board would be very authentic without some argumentative pontificating, I defend argumentative pontificating because I myself am prone to such. Although, I am only trying to be factual and helpful.

...your teacher commands every one in the room to pair-off to discuss a topic and you are extremely relieved that no one wants to be your partner.

…you're disappointed that the latest close-approaching meteor is not, after all, going to hit Earth because you've been fascinated by cataclysms and catastrophism ever since you first saw "When Worlds Collide" and it scared the bejeebers out of you, and you really want to see what a real cataclysm would be like

....you insist on your view on fairness even when anyone else thinks you have gone mad

....you constantly forget taking the trash out even if you walk past it all the time because it isn't on your mental agenda of things to do.

...if your brain decides to take a leave when ever you are asked to do an unpleasant task.

...You gave up on ever convincing people that you are not odd ages ago. You now just live your life and to hell with anyone who thinks it strange.

...you take apart computers or other electronics for fun. 10 additional points if you started doing this before you were five years old.

...if you consider your driving an insurance risk

...if you forgot how to divide every summer break in school

...if your neighbors come to your door needing help with their computer at all hours of the night

...if you help them with their computer problems at all hours of the night

...if you're in class and everybody wants to sit by you for help with thier work but you can't get your own work done in time to save your life

...if you've ever frequented a fast food resturant and the people there ask you if "you want the usual?"

Slight adjustment to the next one.

171NewYork wrote:
Your IQ is 144, yet you suck at behavior.

istari wrote:
you put music in alphabetical order but the rest of your room is in disarray.

you can carry on a conversation by using nothing but movie quotes or song lyrics.

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you used to wake up early to play computer games before school.

Sean wrote:
If your science teacher ever told you to stop teaching the class.

If people call you for information on bizare and useless trivia.

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you overwrite.

KingChaosNinja wrote:
...you have watched CNN at 3 A.M.

...you have watched C-SPAN for longer than five minutes.

...you rarely do your homework but have spent three hours at the local library to prove a teacher wrong on someting they said durring a lecture.

...you laugh when people say funny things like "Trust me."

...you have taken up more than six hobbies up in a single weekend.

...you went to go see "X-Men: The Movie" when it came out and pointed out every falsehood according to each individual X-Men comic book series.

...you have come up with your own origami patterns.

...you have left stories of lore about your self that have circulated through the high school for at least four or five years after you graduated.

...you have done marathon RISK, Monopoly, model building, TV watching, video game playing, reading, and/or electronics "maintenance" for upwards of eleven hours without leaving your chair once.

unique wrote:
...you went online for five minutes to check an e-mail and are still there five hours later

...you responded to a colleague announcing they were pregnant by saying 'was it planned?' whilst everyone else was saying 'congratulations', 'when's it due?'

...other kids at school only spoke to you when they needed to know the answer to a question in class

...you choose a coat to wear, not because of the weather or what it looks like, but because it has big pockets to carry all sorts of possible essential things in

quote="Taineyah"]...If you have actually read the dictionary from cover to cover.
[/quote]

One slight revision again...

RJ wrote:
..."Get a haircut" is on your list of things to do for weeks at a time without getting it done.

..."Get a haircut" has to be on a list.

...you get upset when someone stops at your house without calling first and then get even more upset when they leave.

...your best friend at age 26 is still the best friend you had in high school.

aspiegirl2 wrote:
...you might be an aspie if you could manage wearing shorts in the winter and sweatshirts in the summer.

I really, really have to stop now.

My alarm to remind me of my six O'clock planned activity is going to go off soon.

One more...

Sean wrote:
If you are trying to find a way to incorporate Boolean logic into your sentences to express yourself better.

English is boolean logic with a different set of notations... Unless I've come to a gross misunderstanding of my native tongue.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 9:16 pm

Nellie wrote:
Keeping a clean house and cleaning up after your family is like rocket science to you but rocket science is interesting.

YMBAAI you are compelled to say that Rocket Science isn't actually that complicated; you get enough thrust under an inert object and it will lift. Rocket Engineering on the other hand is a different story...

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2007, 9:26 pm

YMBAAI you want to adopt a frazzled canary that's been left in a cage of chattery zebra finches, because it reminds you of yourself.

YMBAAI talking to the shop assistant to buy said canary takes more guts than bungee jumping.