Page 5 of 8 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

thecheeseisblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2014, 9:29 pm

For the most part I'm going to dress for comfort. The only thing that I prefer is bright colors. So I'll generally be wearing gym shorts, a brightly colored t shirt with something cute on it, and no shoes if I can get away with it. If I can't, I'll wear my bright blue ones, or the bright green ones with toes. This is generally what I wear to work. If I need to wear long pants, I've got a bright purple pair of jeans and a rainbow Lady Rainicorn belt. Oh, and I've also got several pairs of glasses I switch around. There is yellow, pink, purple, and orange.

If I have to dress up for whatever reason, I have a pink button down, a purple button down, and a green velvet one if I'm really feeling outgoing. If only I could find an actual colored sport coat. They're all black/brown/boring. Same thing with men's belts and shoes. I often find myself shopping in the women's section because men's is so boring.

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm

A few years ago I tried out blue hair. But then I wore a bunch of blue because I wasn't really sure what else matched. lol

I still like to wear blue. I usually just wear a t-shirt and jeans, but I've been trying out dresses. I don't know what shoes to wear with them, but I only put on shoes if I have to, which could be why I go through so many socks. :)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

Gzac95 wrote:
With respect, I ask why would you want to do that? Why would you want to purposly design your dress to fit a certain parameter. Why do you WANT people to see you a certain way? The fact that you do is fine, but I don't understand what you're trying to do. Why do you feel the need to bring attention to yourself with your attire?

Absolutely. How can anyone with a triple-figure IQ care about any of this nonsense? Full stop.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 10:52 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Gzac95 wrote:
With respect, I ask why would you want to do that? Why would you want to purposly design your dress to fit a certain parameter. Why do you WANT people to see you a certain way? The fact that you do is fine, but I don't understand what you're trying to do. Why do you feel the need to bring attention to yourself with your attire?

Absolutely. How can anyone with a triple-figure IQ care about any of this nonsense? Full stop.

Isaac Asimov had a triple-figure IQ and he wrote a series of compendiums of dirty limericks, so it would seem with his good example, the rest of us triple-figure IQers should be able to muse on things sartorial, no? surely clothing is at least as highfalutin' a subject as are dirty limericks!

foodeater
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2014, 3:19 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
what d'y'all think of my paisley jacket?

Lovely. I think it's wonderful. The colours are my favorites. (I like your camera too :) )

yeah, nice. :) those are some of my favorite colors too. paisley is neat.

i like clothes that have patterns, textures and colors. i like op art, algorithmic designs, a lot like knit stuff too where you can see the design. i find a lot of middle eastern and african stuff is super nice, but i know i'd get hassled wearing it in public. stuff like djellabas, kaftans + dashikis, they have some really pretty patterns and i find them very comfortable. i like having art i can look at wherever i am too. :)

part of the reason i try to wear interesting stuff is that i have a really hard time telling people apart, even friends, if they wear sort of a "social uniform" to fit into a scene. i guess i have a hard time understanding how other people do it. see: http://www.exactitudes.com

i also try to avoid or stop wearing stuff that's popular in a sub culture in my area because people make a lot of assumptions about you. i've found that people that i don't have anything in common with treat you like you're "one of them". it's just awkward. i'd rather know right away if someone doesn't want to know weird people. :lol: i was into neon, striped shirts and plaid and i really thought i'd be safe, but had to give that up. :lol: i'm learning to make my clothes now so i don't have to deal with it anymore.

there's a lot of stuff i can't deal with though. the cotton fuzzies that show up in sweat-pant material , shorts touching my leg, especially my thigh, the straps on tank tops, i hate the sound and feel of zippers and velcro. synthetic materials in general. those thick white tube socks, uhhg.

i like buttons though, especially if they are big. snapping buttons are fun to play with too. i was definitely a lot happier when i discovered they made button up jeans...uhh no i don't play with those buttons. :lol:

if the material is right i actually really like stuff like long sleeve shirts, knit turtle neck sweaters, scarves, knit caps. i like winter. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

foodeater wrote:
i like winter. :)

I like [Puget sound] winters also. it's hard to dress in anything not abbreviated in the summer heat.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 11:53 pm

I don't like standing out & care about comfort. I'm originally from an area that was hot & humid most of the year so I wore a plain white tShirt & shorts when it wasn't cold & I wasn't in school or working or needed to go to a rare family social thing like wedding or funeral. I'm in an area that gets alot colder in winter & I still dress the same except I wear a cap when I go out partly due to male-pattern baldness & when it's cold I'll wear jeans & a jacket over my shirt but I'll wear shorts when staying home.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
what d'y'all think of my paisley jacket?

auntblabby! man i love it.
i've been trying to find some collared shirts like that (with paisley) but all i find is hawaiian styled shirts. :?

in response to your more recent post...i like winter too, but not only because i'm not a big fan of summer clothes...

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 2:51 am

I wear normal t-shirts, and casual shorts most of the time.

I HATE jeans, they're right and uncomfortable.

Sweatpants get way too hot.

Singlets are uncomfortable and exposing, so yeah. It seems to be the fashion where I live with teenage guys. Singlets, loose shirts, sagging jeans/sweatpants.

But yeah I wear regular t-shirt casually and casual mid-length shorts.

Sometimes when i go out I like to wear my fedoras (got around 5), my denim jean shorts, sneakers, and sweater vest.

LastSanityJermaine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jun 2014, 8:11 am

I wear stuff nowadays that are elwire like this
[img][800:683]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

If you want unique graphic Shirts and hoodies. you go to TeeFury or RedBubble.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:06 am

I just like to be comfortable. I wear jeans and a tshirt to work nearly every day. I'm lucky this is an option. It's nice. I would wear sweat pants if I could but that would be pushing it. Surgical scrubs are an option as well HOWEVER they are communal. They are washed between every use... but still.

My daughter (6) so far s expressed zero interest in her clothing (in stark contrast to her peers, lol) other than that her clothes be comfy. So I do my best to find clothes that look like what her peers are wearing only comfy. I'm falling short in both categories. Not sure what she will be wearing this fall. Honestly she would be happy in sweat pants and t shirts but I don't want to give the other kids something else to pick on.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:23 am

LastSanityJermaine wrote:
[img][400:350]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

I wish people walking down my streets at night would wear stuff like this. I am getting sick of not being able to see someone in front of me until I am within 10ft of them and worrying that I will have to slam on the breaks.

LastSanityJermaine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2014, 1:32 am

LupaLuna wrote:
LastSanityJermaine wrote:
[img][400:350]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

I wish people walking down my streets at night would wear stuff like this. I am getting sick of not being able to see someone in front of me until I am within 10ft of them and worrying that I will have to slam on the breaks.

At night people would roll down their car windows just so they can scream at me how much they love my hoodie. Plus if I ever get hit by a car they can't say "I didn't see him"" without giving away that that were basically weren't paying attention.

MissMayo
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm

I started taking ideas from 1800s costume dramas when I was in my Jane Austen obsessive phase.
It fits the fact I feel like I belong in the past.
I like to look at the colours and patterns on clothes. Too many times I have bought something I like the look of and then not been able to wear it because the material or the fit made me uncomfortable. Comfort still wins out every time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

I would like a full-body mesh suit [like a net shirt but all over] and with flesh-colored underwear. :alien: