Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

foodeater
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2014, 3:19 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
what d'y'all think of my paisley jacket?

Lovely. I think it's wonderful. The colours are my favorites. (I like your camera too :) )

yeah, nice. :) those are some of my favorite colors too. paisley is neat.

i like clothes that have patterns, textures and colors. i like op art, algorithmic designs, a lot like knit stuff too where you can see the design. i find a lot of middle eastern and african stuff is super nice, but i know i'd get hassled wearing it in public. stuff like djellabas, kaftans + dashikis, they have some really pretty patterns and i find them very comfortable. i like having art i can look at wherever i am too. :)

part of the reason i try to wear interesting stuff is that i have a really hard time telling people apart, even friends, if they wear sort of a "social uniform" to fit into a scene. i guess i have a hard time understanding how other people do it. see: http://www.exactitudes.com

i also try to avoid or stop wearing stuff that's popular in a sub culture in my area because people make a lot of assumptions about you. i've found that people that i don't have anything in common with treat you like you're "one of them". it's just awkward. i'd rather know right away if someone doesn't want to know weird people. :lol: i was into neon, striped shirts and plaid and i really thought i'd be safe, but had to give that up. :lol: i'm learning to make my clothes now so i don't have to deal with it anymore.

there's a lot of stuff i can't deal with though. the cotton fuzzies that show up in sweat-pant material , shorts touching my leg, especially my thigh, the straps on tank tops, i hate the sound and feel of zippers and velcro. synthetic materials in general. those thick white tube socks, uhhg.

i like buttons though, especially if they are big. snapping buttons are fun to play with too. i was definitely a lot happier when i discovered they made button up jeans...uhh no i don't play with those buttons. :lol:

if the material is right i actually really like stuff like long sleeve shirts, knit turtle neck sweaters, scarves, knit caps. i like winter. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

foodeater wrote:
i like winter. :)

I like [Puget sound] winters also. it's hard to dress in anything not abbreviated in the summer heat.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jun 2014, 11:53 pm

I don't like standing out & care about comfort. I'm originally from an area that was hot & humid most of the year so I wore a plain white tShirt & shorts when it wasn't cold & I wasn't in school or working or needed to go to a rare family social thing like wedding or funeral. I'm in an area that gets alot colder in winter & I still dress the same except I wear a cap when I go out partly due to male-pattern baldness & when it's cold I'll wear jeans & a jacket over my shirt but I'll wear shorts when staying home.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
what d'y'all think of my paisley jacket?

auntblabby! man i love it.
i've been trying to find some collared shirts like that (with paisley) but all i find is hawaiian styled shirts. :?

in response to your more recent post...i like winter too, but not only because i'm not a big fan of summer clothes...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 2:51 am

I wear normal t-shirts, and casual shorts most of the time.

I HATE jeans, they're right and uncomfortable.

Sweatpants get way too hot.

Singlets are uncomfortable and exposing, so yeah. It seems to be the fashion where I live with teenage guys. Singlets, loose shirts, sagging jeans/sweatpants.

But yeah I wear regular t-shirt casually and casual mid-length shorts.

Sometimes when i go out I like to wear my fedoras (got around 5), my denim jean shorts, sneakers, and sweater vest.

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2014, 8:11 am

I wear stuff nowadays that are elwire like this
[img][800:683]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

If you want unique graphic Shirts and hoodies. you go to TeeFury or RedBubble.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:06 am

I just like to be comfortable. I wear jeans and a tshirt to work nearly every day. I'm lucky this is an option. It's nice. I would wear sweat pants if I could but that would be pushing it. Surgical scrubs are an option as well HOWEVER they are communal. They are washed between every use... but still.

My daughter (6) so far s expressed zero interest in her clothing (in stark contrast to her peers, lol) other than that her clothes be comfy. So I do my best to find clothes that look like what her peers are wearing only comfy. I'm falling short in both categories. Not sure what she will be wearing this fall. Honestly she would be happy in sweat pants and t shirts but I don't want to give the other kids something else to pick on.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:23 am

LastSanityJermaine wrote:
[img][400:350]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

I wish people walking down my streets at night would wear stuff like this. I am getting sick of not being able to see someone in front of me until I am within 10ft of them and worrying that I will have to slam on the breaks.

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2014, 1:32 am

LupaLuna wrote:
LastSanityJermaine wrote:
[img][400:350]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

I wish people walking down my streets at night would wear stuff like this. I am getting sick of not being able to see someone in front of me until I am within 10ft of them and worrying that I will have to slam on the breaks.

At night people would roll down their car windows just so they can scream at me how much they love my hoodie. Plus if I ever get hit by a car they can't say "I didn't see him"" without giving away that that were basically weren't paying attention.

MissMayo
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm

I started taking ideas from 1800s costume dramas when I was in my Jane Austen obsessive phase.
It fits the fact I feel like I belong in the past.
I like to look at the colours and patterns on clothes. Too many times I have bought something I like the look of and then not been able to wear it because the material or the fit made me uncomfortable. Comfort still wins out every time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

I would like a full-body mesh suit [like a net shirt but all over] and with flesh-colored underwear. :alien:

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 2:55 am

I dress in men's t-shirts and polo's because I don't like exposing my arm pits. I don't like shaving them. Makes my itch really bad. I like the little alligator brand logo and I just bought one at the thirty shop with a little whale on it. I love animals. American Eagle is nice. I like the eagle on my shirt. Will not wear dresses, can not stand my legs skin on skin. Can not wear panty hose. They feel like a tight rubber band around ones wrist. I will wear shorts to bed to avoid my skin from above my knees touching. I do not mind logo's, does not matter to me as long as it is comfortable. I wear athletic shoes most of the time. I like Brooks and Keen. My feet are very sensitive. My style does not stay the same. It is all based on comfort. If I could wear sweat pants to work I would everyday. My wardrobe centers around comfort and casual clothes for work. I can not wear flip flops. I can not stand anything between my toes and I can not keep them from falling off. I must wear sports bras and seamless socks. Underwear has to be woman's boy boxer shorts.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 3:14 am

Wear anything that is comfortable. Style does not matter.... Anything goes. I personal have to match my colors. Usually blue and bright colors. Not too much into the color pink and florissant green but wear it on occasion. No tight clothing. only times I have worn tight clothing is when I gained weight. Plaids, strips, patterns, plain, logo's is all fine with me. Wear what ever you like to wear. Style is unimportant. If style is important to you try Sheldon's style from the Big Bang Theory. He seems to be all about style.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm

Ashamed to say that I dabble in the fool's game that is style and fashion. I am happy to wear exactly the same thing day in day out but and ideally I like my clothes to be loosely fitted but the rules of the fool's game dictate that the trousers have to conform to the shape of the leg and the shirt must similarly conform to the shape of the body. No idea why and I observe modern day androgynous man wearing leotards and other such skin tight apparel. This is absurd in my opinion and as far as im concerned ive found the happy medium between comfort and feeling that I look like I spent the appropriate time in front of the fitting room mirrors. I even get to walk down Bond street without inviting a single snooty look :roll:

That is how to dress like an NT or an aspie with the character flaw of caring how others see him.

Before I gave a flying burrito however I would wear whatever felt good against my skin and warm in the winter.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

AnimeFreak5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2014, 11:25 am

I like to wear my Scottish-style kilt when possible, such as concerts, parades, and even just when I feel like it on a casual day.

I've gotten some weird looks but no-one confronts me about it.

If anything, they like it and strike up a conversation about Irish ancestors and Scottish clans and such.

Makes me feel good and warm and happy inside.

I often wear it with a fantasy renaissance leather pouch on my belt, which holds my wallet, keys, cell-phone, etc.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm

I am okay with dressing fairly fashionably but only if the clothing does not hurt me. I HATE painful clothing. I hate dirty and smelly clothing.What I have a real problem with,is that a perfectly wonderful outfit is considered ruined because of a stain, an accidental splash of bleach, or a tiny hole or two. WHY?