Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm

I don't like the sensation ear wax forming and shifting in my ears. Does anyone else find this uncomfortable?

Wreck It Ralph

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:02 pm

I don't know if I feel it, but my ears feel blocked or uncomfortable a lot anyway, random fact, cats seem to like the taste of ear wax, strange don't you think

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

skibum wrote:
I don't like the sensation ear wax forming and shifting in my ears. Does anyone else find this uncomfortable?

I find it highly annoying! I would venture a guess that I clean my ears (with q-tip) at least once a day. I can always FEEL the wax in there and sometimes shifting or falling down in there. Drives me nutz!

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:19 pm

I agree. Even though you are not supposed to use Q-tips, I risk it because I cannot stand too much ear wax.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

franknfurter wrote:
I don't know if I feel it, but my ears feel blocked or uncomfortable a lot anyway, random fact, cats seem to like the taste of ear wax, strange don't you think

I've got to keep that in mind the next time I clean my ears.

Anyway, earwax doesn't really bother me. Unless it's stuck together in a huge almost solid ball. But then it's usually close to the end of the ear and I can get it out easily. My dog has been scratching his ear and shaking his head a lot. Someone suggested he might have a ball of earwax or a bug in there. It's not mites, as there's nothing coming out and smells fine. If it's the earwax, I hope it's the earwax.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
I agree. Even though you are not supposed to use Q-tips, I risk it because I cannot stand too much ear wax.

^ What do they suggest to use instead? :s (I understand that they could cause problems, but can't think of another way to clean ears than with something like that)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm

franknfurter wrote:

How did you find that out, though observation or looking it up? I've never seen a cat go after that specifically however the cat in my picture likes to groom my large grey cat and will lick around his ears a lot so maybe that's why.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
franknfurter wrote:

How did you find that out, though observation or looking it up? I've never seen a cat go after that specifically however the cat in my picture likes to groom my large grey cat and will lick around his ears a lot so maybe that's why.

observation, my brother first found it out, we have 3 cats and they all eat ear wax if you let them, a bit disgusting, just don't let cats near your ears :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:05 pm

LookingLost wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

^ What do they suggest to use instead? :s (I understand that they could cause problems, but can't think of another way to clean ears than with something like that)

there is always this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htbo1yW6qeU[/youtube]

:lol:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm

persian85033 wrote:
franknfurter wrote:

I've got to keep that in mind the next time I clean my ears.

Anyway, earwax doesn't really bother me. Unless it's stuck together in a huge almost solid ball. But then it's usually close to the end of the ear and I can get it out easily. My dog has been scratching his ear and shaking his head a lot. Someone suggested he might have a ball of earwax or a bug in there. It's not mites, as there's nothing coming out and smells fine. If it's the earwax, I hope it's the earwax.
You may want to make sure he does not have a little infection. It could also be an itchy mosquito bite.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm

LookingLost wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

I tried that ear vac thing but it did not work for me. Some people love it though. I used to wait until my ears were full and then I would have the doctor flush them. Some people also like ear candles and they are very effective. I have never tried one though.

Wreck It Ralph

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

I lay on my side andput a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in my ear [the one facing up] Then I meditate,or pray,or listen to music or whatever for about 20 minutes. Cleans the ear wax right out.

Saphie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

yah, but mine is due to euachustian tube dysfunction (cant spell. lol). i usually keep q tips handy, and ive gotten alcohol pads that i'll fold around the tip and twist it around in there, and it takes care of the wax (but if you try it, go slow, and the first sign of acheyness, you dont want to go any further into your ear-i have a lot of experience lol, but if you jab your ear drum (not only will it hurt horribly, but it can also cause hearing damage (and some wax is good, but the kind that makes crinkles sounds, and you can feel-that is usually when its in excess(aka a good time for cleaning)
im like that too over the part of my elbow area where my arms meet the skin when i bend them.. i either wear a bandade over that area or always wear long sleeves, because i jusy cant handle the feel (and sticky or sweaty makes it even worse) bleh....

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:53 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
I lay on my side andput a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in my ear [the one facing up] Then I meditate,or pray,or listen to music or whatever for about 20 minutes. Cleans the ear wax right out.

Hydrogen peroxide, interesting. I've used warm water in the past, but considering ear wax contains hydrophobic consituents, I suppose that that's not enough.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:59 pm

Q-tips tend to make the problem worse by compacting some wax against the ear drum. Doctors strongly advise against their use for this purpose. Personally I use a product called Audispray which I squirt into my ears periodically - it dissolves the ear wax and it naturally breaks down and disappears. If you get a total blockage and can't hear anything a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution will clear the wax very effectively without damaging the ear drum - it will fizz which feels a bit peculiar but it does the job within a few hours. With either the spray or the hydrogen peroxide you just tip your head on one side and drop/squirt the liquid into the ear and rub the outside of the ear to help it gown down the ear canal - you will hear it "glug" down deeper. Then put a tissue against the ear and tip the head the other way and catch any liquid that runs out and repeat with the other ear. Easy and effective.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:54 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
I do that too to loosen it sometimes.

Wreck It Ralph