Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2014, 10:09 pm

I met a guy in a bar who said that he had AS. We met a few times and eventually I found out that nearly everyone in his family tested for fragile X. Even though he had a lot of similarities to me we fell out and he fell out with almost everyone else and he got banned from the bar I go to.
Does anyone know if there are similarities and could he have been misdiagnosed. I never heard of fragile x before.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

I know I was tested for it when I was 9, but I think the test came back negative.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 10:59 pm

My uncle was diagnosed with fragile x. I was diagnosed with Asperger's (when it was still in the dsm). I don't know whether or not there's a relationship between fragile x and Autism.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 2:27 am

I imagine it's possibly related but likely quite remotely, Fragile X being primarily an osteological condition. To the best of my knowledge it can present itself in varying degrees.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: