Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ExoMuseum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

so my favourite food is pasta, i dont see the need to et anything else, but the sound of myself chewing it is horrible and makes me wanna kill myself, does anyone else have this problem?

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 11:18 am

Could you wear ear plugs? (I wear factory grade since my bf works in a factory) and that really helps.
Also, what about listening to music via ear buds/ head phones? That way the music is louder than the sound of the chewing. There may be others who have a good brand of ear plugs that they prefer for sound issues.

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2014, 11:34 am

ExoMuseum wrote:
so my favourite food is pasta, i dont see the need to et anything else, but the sound of myself chewing it is horrible and makes me wanna kill myself, does anyone else have this problem?

Not myself, but I can not stand the sound of other people eatings. That grinds my gears.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2014, 11:37 am

Listen to or watch something that's intelectually engaging. You can't stop yourself from hearing the sound, but you can prevent yourself from noticing.

I also would like to suggest a varied diet for health reasons. Just a suggestion, but consider it, it generally makes you feel better and appreciate your favorite food more when you do eat it.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6