Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 4:19 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070301/ap_ ... hUCefVJRIF

So, legal drugs are now more a problem then "illegal" drugs. What can we take from this?

Well, I know who is profitting off the "legal" drugs, thats for sure.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 4:26 pm

Well, in my opinion it is easier to get.

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

marijuana could replace like 50% of the common drugs ppl get prescribed for all kinds of bs.

Tanz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2007, 6:47 pm

I try to avoid using drugs of any kind unless I absolutely need them. In my life, I have been on 4 different meds for my ADD, and didn't care for either them or their side effects; and I'm not currently prescribed to anything. I try to avoid taking even OTC pain or allergy meds, too, because the more you take, the less effective they are next time as your body builds up resistance to them, and I'd rather suffer a little now and have them have more effect later when I might need it.

Some of the stuff I was prescribed was stuff people take recreationally if they can get their hands on it, and that makes me sick. I don't really care that people want to screw up their own bodies and minds, but it is pathetic in a general sort of way; it says a lot about the decline of civilization.

I have never voluntarily taken any illegal drugs, but I was slipped some stuff a couple times at parties, when i was too drunk to know it until it was too late. I wont take illegal drugs for 2 reasons: first, because I don't want to d anything illegal that might prevent me from getting the career of my choice later, and second, because I consider my mind to be my greatest asset, and I don't want to screw it up on drugs. (And even if you just smoke pot and think it doesn't hurt you, you never know the source of it and it could be laced with something really nasty that could. Personally, I have had friends and neighbors who smoked pot, and I could see how it made them unproductive and turned them into losers compared to what they had going on before.)

"Lunch...is on Millie" - Ace Rimmer

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2007, 6:52 pm

Caffine is my drug.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 7:12 pm

prescription or street drugs, Illegal abuse will land you into jail.

Better stay clean from both.

And don't toss around the "MARIJUANA IS THE HERB OF GOD AND CURE FOR AIDS" kind of argument until it has been proven that marijuana actually has ANY positive effect at all.
There is a reason why marijuana(and other street drugs) is illegal and there is a reason why you nee prescription for some drugs.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 7:35 pm

Revenant wrote:
prescription or street drugs, Illegal abuse will land you into jail.

Better stay clean from both.

And don't toss around the "MARIJUANA IS THE HERB OF GOD AND CURE FOR AIDS" kind of argument until it has been proven that marijuana actually has ANY positive effect at all.
There is a reason why marijuana(and other street drugs) is illegal and there is a reason why you nee prescription for some drugs.

Again, you are posting errornous information in to 'why marijuana is illegal' and its NOT because its dangerous because it FAILS to explain why caffeine and alcohol are legal so don't spread around the same tripe they do. If there is no proof on its 'pros' then there are none on its 'cons' so why conclude one way or another? If it sucks for you, dont use it, if it doesnt, who cares?

I read a study on how Marijuana helps with foot pain. They had 2 university professors express their joy in such a finding - guess who opposed it? Yup, the doctor associated with the white house who did nothing more then read the study, take what supported his case (which was nothing), and spread more propaganda.

I agree with Matt, on this one, that it probably could replace a ton of medications out there, today. The thing is, people are too afraid to acknowledge it and need to be protected.

Anyways, it goes to show that legal or illegal, people abuse drugs so its shouldnt be a 'criminal' offense since SO many people have broken the law.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 6:14 am

If you'd replace medicines with marijuana, the world would extinct because all men would become impotent and all women frigid.

catsarenice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2007, 8:56 am

the funny thing is, I can get nearly any perscription drug right now a lot easier than "illegal" drugs.
Pot is nice, but the side-effects, which aren't present until smoking it for a few months, really bother me like lots of anxiety, hard to remember anything, and a serious amount of laziness... I guess this isn't bad for some people, though hehe... If you do smoke pot all the time and want to regain some of your former self without giving up the drug, then stay away from bong hits, especially if ya do them every day. It might take a couple days to get used to smoking a pipe again, but after your tollerance shifts back down a bit, things will be much better.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 12:17 pm

Revenant wrote:
If you'd replace medicines with marijuana, the world would extinct because all men would become impotent and all women frigid.

Yes, thats exactly what would happen. Since 56% Canadians have tried pot, impotence has increased 500%. Oh wait, no it hasn't because this is a bunch of BS and YOU know it. You read one site and conclude. But the guy from the site has a PHd so everything he says is accurate and truthful while other doctors with PHd's, who say the opposite, are stupid and dumb and just simply don't fit your argument.

I want to know why you only listen to one side? (as unproven as the other)

Why aren't you impotent? You smoked. Tell everyone here how your impotent and support your own argument. And, somehow fit all my pot smoking friends in there. Tell everyone, here, how impotent they are. Tell everyone how impotent I am. Tell everyone about how you ABUSE marijuana, you will hurt yourself but make sure the argument about 'abuse' is only about marijuana, like you HAVE to abuse it if you smoke it or that its the ONLY thing one can abuse.