Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 9:41 am

So this is really really frustrating. My special interests are currently quite moderate and switch around rapidly. I'll find a topic of interest and within a few days and often much less ive moved on. Its frustrating because I never become absorbed in any one thing. Does anyone have insights into what might cause that?

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 3:41 pm

No insights unfortunately, but that sounds really stressful. How have things been in the past?

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm

I am like that too!

It puzzles me because I come on here and read about Aspies with their special interests that they've had for years and their SI's don't change over time....

.... then there's me, whose SI's keep rotating.

For example, recently I went through a phase where I was obsessed with wanting to make my own hairsticks. I bought plain hairsticks on ebay with holes drilled in the top. Then I found a bead shop in town here that sells all kinds of beads and decorations and tiny pliers and wire...

... and the minute I had everything I needed, boom, I lost interest. Now the bag full of supplies is languishing in my hall closet, mocking me every time I open the door.

I know that at some point in the future my interest in this project will return.

But it's frustrating that my SI's seem to come & go at will. I've done the same with sewing projects - I'll get partway through and lose interest, and find the project sometimes years later and go 'oh wow, that cute little blouse I never finished!'

Dunno what causes it. Wish I could help but I do know what it's like!

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196