Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2014, 10:27 pm

YES. It was very strange. I went to this summer camp for one week and felt totally different the whole time. I was the most popular person, I talked to everyone, I fit in very, very well and I ACTED differently. It was amazing and very enjoyable. After I left camp I went back to 'normal for me'. It never happened again.

http://www.byui.edu/outdoor-learning-ce ... -youth-afy <---- This is the camp for those curious.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 11:13 pm

I always knew there was something that was different about me but I didn't understand it for a long time. If I ever brought it up my parents insisted I was totally normal. I don't know if they were trying to help or if they actually believed that, but either way it actually made me feel worse. Because I could tell I had a different way of thinking, and I always had a generally disconnected feeling with people, like everyone else "gets it" and I don't. Obviously this made certain things difficult, and I wanted help, but everyone thought I was making it up for some reason. I don't know why everyone wanted me to think I was normal so badly. But there is not a time in my life that I would have said I thought I was normal if I was being honest.

What's interesting to me is that it seems that society will often praise the idea of being different, but with people who actually are truly different, people don't commonly accept them. They want people to be different in a normal way. It makes no sense, and it annoys me, but then again "normal" people do a lot of things that annoy me. The biggest thing is that they all seem to make assumptions and jump to conclusions. And I guess that makes sense, because for a NT that is just their intuitive ability to just figure certain things out without trying. But I hate it, because when it comes to atypical issues (like me), they all think they can apply these overly general rules when they obviously won't fit, and then when they are wrong they get all confused and angry and think that the problem is anything but their own lack of reasoning.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 7:10 am

Something strange has been happening recently. I am dating a girl and while she is a very slow mover, I frequently hang out with her many friends and I fit right in! Such a weird feeling to both feel comfortable and be well liked by a group outside of my coworkers. I even sat outside with a group of her girlfriends last night and even enjoyed their company. Guess I am not introverted at all I just hate being around phony or difficult people.

I even had a guy call me up and invite me to an event on Saturday. I literally cannot remember the last time that happened! I decided to just be my usual cheerful self, not worry about 'fitting in' and I am finally meeting people who respect me for who I am.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 10:03 am

Its all a matter of perception.

- Edgar Allan Poe -