Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 3:03 am

I think the "Aspie look" is as in the "Aspie Stare" which is that zoned out spaced out stare into space kind of dead expression look. I definitely had that. Many of my childhood photos and portrait show it clearly. Unfortunately I can't post pictures on forums with my computer setup and for other personal reasons as well so I can't show any of my childhood photos.

But I remember when Autism was first publicly known in the US with the diagnosis of Seargeoh Stallone, one of the major magazines, I think it was either "People" or "Time" had come out with this big article about him and about Autism and one of the things I remember reading in that article was that it said that Autistic children were stunningly beautiful. I was a very beautiful child as well. I don't know if that was just genetics though because the people in my family are stunningly beautiful, we are a very mixed race family, and I think that we were all beautiful children. But my cousin always comments that I look stunning. And some of you have posted pictures of yourselves on other threads and I have found the women especially on this forum who posted their pics particularly beautiful. Many of the men are very good looking as well. And those of you who posted childhood photos on other threads, I thought you guys were very beautiful children.

Wreck It Ralph

noidentity0
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2014, 8:23 am

I agree i think its true that many aspie people are really beautiful. Most of us girls have really nice, pale skin.

And yea, its the "dead eyes" look that you can definetly see that someone has aspergers. The eyes are the mirrors of the soul. Autism is a disease of the soul, thats at least what i believe.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 8:34 am

Divided on this. A few studies suggest certain traits are common to people with ASD.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2014, 12:36 pm

For people who are experienced with (AS), or have (AS) there might that "sixth sense" (taking into account several factors) that a given person might have (AS).

Such judgments are best treated as subjective, and discreet.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm

...hm...

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 12:40 pm

Here wrote:
For people who are experienced with (AS), or have (AS) there might that "sixth sense" (taking into account several factors) that a given person might have (AS).

Such judgments are best treated as subjective, and discreet.

Like aspie-dar or A-dar?

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 12:01 am

In my childhood photos I have a dazed look in my eyes. It looks like I am day dreaming.