Feeling so separate from the world and in limbo

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

I'm the same, more so when around people.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm

Yes, I can relate as well. To be autistic is to know what it is like to stand alone.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm

I can relate to that. I think I was born without some essential component in my brain that's supposed to code and decode human signals. It's like a computer that's supposed to be on the network but that cannot communicate because of a faulty hardware part. So everything is unavailable to me and I can never participate in the world.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 4:46 am

I think we are God's chosen people. We are alienated because we have a natural inclination towards fasting from the worldly. We are punished more severely than neurotypicals for engrossing in the worldly, but this is a blessing, not a curse. Neurotypicals can commit all kinds of sins, and they do, without much punishment. This is the trade-off for being God's chosen, and it's not a disorder, it's something to be f*g proud of. We are Winston, and neurotypicals are the proles. (1984-reference)

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm

tomato wrote:
I think we are God's chosen people. We are alienated because we have a natural inclination towards fasting from the worldly. We are punished more severely than neurotypicals for engrossing in the worldly, but this is a blessing, not a curse. Neurotypicals can commit all kinds of sins, and they do, without much punishment. This is the trade-off for being God's chosen, and it's not a disorder, it's something to be f*g proud of. We are Winston, and neurotypicals are the proles. (1984-reference)

It's kind of funny that you would bring that up. There are 7 sins in the world, and from what I can tell. Every NT out there had a problem with all 7 of them. As for me, I only have a problem with 2 of them. Anger is a big issue with me and sometimes, I have issues with envy as well. As far as the other 5 go. They don't even apply to me. I can see how those 2 sins can be an issue, since we are alienated from the world and we get frustrated trying to fit in.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 1:45 pm

LupaLuna wrote:
tomato wrote:

It's kind of funny that you would bring that up. There are 7 sins in the world, and from what I can tell. Every NT out there had a problem with all 7 of them. As for me, I only have a problem with 2 of them. Anger is a big issue with me and sometimes, I have issues with envy as well. As far as the other 5 go. They don't even apply to me. I can see how those 2 sins can be an issue, since we are alienated from the world and we get frustrated trying to fit in.
You don't have any lust at all? I wish I could get rid of my lust.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 2:11 pm

tomato wrote:
LupaLuna wrote:
tomato wrote:

You don't have any lust at all? I wish I could get rid of my lust.

I have gotten strong desires before, but none that have gotten to the point that I lose cognitive control over. Of course, my definition of lust is when you have a desire for something that's so strong, that you lose your ability to cognitively override it. As far as sexual lust goes. Never had an issue with it.

qFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I can relate. My signature is how I feel. When you sleepwalk, you can't see what's coming and you end up falling into a hole. Repeatedly.

I can relate to you, especially in periods of depression I feel like I am sleepwalking all the time. My memory was even mixing dreams with reality at some point where I would remember some things from dreams and think entire days that they really happened.

I believe there is a researched psychological phenomenon that is closely related to this. It is when you feel like as if you are a spectator of your own life as your brain become more and more psychologically disconnected with your surroundings and your own body.