Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 4:24 am

Skurvey wrote:
I'm a Sagittarius sun, Aries Moon, Sagittarius Rising, Capricorn Venus, and I forget the rest off the top of my head. I'm a Monkey on the Chinese one. I'm an Elder Raven on the Celtic one. (I have so much fire, it's little wonder I don't like water!) I find that Sagies are more into it than some other signs. I have read a bit about the science side of it, and from what I gather Astrology was a very accepted science, studied at European universities, up until at least the mid 19th Century some 400 years after Galileo (give or take, I'm not looking it up!).

I did find when I was reading my stars everyday, that I would make my day happen according to the reading, so I stopped that. It's probably not a great idea to follow 'fortune telling' too much, but other aspects of it are fascinating. It's something like destiny vs coincidence.

Namaste, Society gives me suicidal tendencies as well - but I like the moon. Illegitimus non carborundum!

right saggi are lot into it because saggi is ruled by jupiter planet related to spiritual studies

check out thisi link i was shocked tooo...very accurate description of my house
i have lot of Buddha statues around my house....its a saggi trait.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSagC-cWis[/youtube]
[Mod. edit: Please note - YouTube video embedding will not work when the URL starts with "https" (this is also true for image embedding).
The URL has been edited from "https" to "http" so that the video is now embedded in the post]

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 5:14 am

namaste wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

But forget both Columbus and Galileo. Recall Shakespeare who said: "our faults lay not in our stars, but in ourselves."

are you saying that whatever is happening with me is because of my actions and not my destiny

i dont believe that.

my father was alcoholic so thats my fault, my mother was mentally unstable she used to beat me up without reason so thats my fault
my brother was abuser so thats my fault also....i evoked them to abuse me

my relatives were molesters thats my fault again i seduced them to do that.....i cant stick to a job again my fault
no matter how hard i work, i put my best effort i am sacked....its because of me

i disagree....its in my chart...........my 4th house of mothers love is highly afflicted with south node means my mother would be
cold and unemotional. my father thats sun in my chart is in 8th house of darkness it means my father shows me dark side of life
alcohol, voilence,........

my 3rd house afflicted with saturn cold relationship with siblings. and career 10th house with north node and plutio roller coaster ride in career...

its in my stars...i choose this difficult incarnation so as to grow spiritually and reach higher plane
its hard and affliction to moon gives me suicidal tendencies.
plus constant harassment by society

I think my actions come from a combination of myself and others(from immediate family to the larger societal values). As far as the moon or the stars I believe the gravitational pull from these MIGHT play a minor roll.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 9:15 pm

namaste wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

But forget both Columbus and Galileo. Recall Shakespeare who said: "our faults lay not in our stars, but in ourselves."

are you saying that whatever is happening with me is because of my actions and not my destiny

i dont believe that.

my father was alcoholic so thats my fault, my mother was mentally unstable she used to beat me up without reason so thats my fault
my brother was abuser so thats my fault also....i evoked them to abuse me

my relatives were molesters thats my fault again i seduced them to do that.....i cant stick to a job again my fault
no matter how hard i work, i put my best effort i am sacked....its because of me

i disagree....its in my chart...........my 4th house of mothers love is highly afflicted with south node means my mother would be
cold and unemotional. my father thats sun in my chart is in 8th house of darkness it means my father shows me dark side of life
alcohol, voilence,........

my 3rd house afflicted with saturn cold relationship with siblings. and career 10th house with north node and plutio roller coaster ride in career...

its in my stars...i choose this difficult incarnation so as to grow spiritually and reach higher plane
its hard and affliction to moon gives me suicidal tendencies.
plus constant harassment by society

Okay...I shoulda said "our SALVATION is not in our stars, but in our selves".

The rut you're in is neither your "fault", nor does it have to continue to be your "destiny".

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 9:28 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Okay...I shoulda said "our SALVATION is not in our stars, but in our selves".

The rut you're in is neither your "fault", nor does it have to continue to be your "destiny".

Yeah, maybe I can dig myself out of my rut... or would I dig myself in deeper :?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 9:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

You were right the first time. It's all my fault :x

Gzac95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2014, 2:40 am

Astrology is made up, correlation is not causation.

MehruneMath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2014, 9:05 am

frodz wrote:
No, astrology is not a science. Whether it "uses" mathematics/statistics or not, that does not make it science. You could do science without mathematics, mathematics is merely the preferred language of modern science.

ElsaFlowers wrote:
I believe in astrology. Why do so many people say things are rubbish just because they cannot be proven by science? I'm glad I don't have such a closed mind.

It has nothing to do with things being proven by science or not, it is that the premise is ridiculous.

The simple fact that there are people globally whom believe that the alignment of stars in direct relation with our own, combined with our date of birth; somehow are able to impact our mood, and personality, within our day to day lives are ridiculously absurd.
I believe if you enjoy outer space, constellations, and galaxies; the field you're looking for is astronomy.

Is it not quite beautifully poetic that the vast majority of the atoms that hold the pattern that is your mind and body were actually originated within stars?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 9:51 am

MehruneMath wrote:
Is it not quite beautifully poetic that the vast majority of the atoms that hold the pattern that is your mind and body were actually originated within stars?

Hydrogen is not only the most common element in the universe but also the most common element in us. It does not originate from stars. More than half the atoms in the human body are hydrogen. The majority of atoms in us do not come from starts.

MehruneMath

10 Sep 2014, 10:12 am

Yes you're correct and it is about 38-40% atoms derived from stars, as any element heavier than hydrogen is essentially a product of nuclear fusion. The rest originated in the big bang. I would figure 7x10^27 atoms in the average body, of which nearly 60% or 4.2x10^27 are hydrogen. I was attempting to be poetic and probably should have researched this. I was reiterating a phrase I had heard someone relay to me when I was very young. I just typed what they told me without researching the claim. It would seem they were wrong when they said, "vast majority."

Oops :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm

Even the hydrogen is from outer space via the Big Bang. So we are still "star stuff" as Carl Sagan said.

And our bodies could not have formed without the heavier stuff: the carbon, and oxygen, iron,and copper, that was cooked up in the cores of now exploded stars. So 20th Century astronomy confirmed what Walt Whitman wrote in the Nineteenth Century: "that a blade of grass is nothing less than the journey work of the stars."