Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

TrippyPhysics
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm

i have classic autism, im verbal very verbal but at random times lately i stop talking, its weird i go nonverbal an dont know why, does this happen to anyone else? i lose speech with high emotions usually when im hyper sad mad or really happy

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 10:04 am

TrippyPhysics wrote:
i have classic autism, im verbal very verbal but at random times lately i stop talking, its weird i go nonverbal an dont know why, does this happen to anyone else? i lose speech with high emotions usually when im hyper sad mad or really happy

For how long?
I stop in mid speech sometimes for up to about a minute sometimes as I continue thinking and checking over what I want to say exactly.

Chrome_Oxide_Green
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2014, 1:48 pm

It happens to me. Like, I suddenly lose the ability to think in words for a while. I don't really know what to say, except to find another way to communicate. It's also a good idea to practice stringing scentences together when you're like that, if you feel up to it. It'll be slower, and simpler than normal, but better than nothing.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 1:53 pm

Until I started using a communication device full time, this would happen to me a lot. Especially during extreme emotions

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 3:45 pm

I lose speech during times of stress. And I also get mutism as a migranous phenomenon.

TrippyPhysics

01 Sep 2014, 9:49 pm

it happens for a couple hrs! an thanks for bein there guys, its good to know im not alone, im possibly a little schizophrenic with paranoid tendencies

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 11:44 pm

That sounds like what's called selective mutism. happens a lot in autism far as I know for both classic and aspies. I have classic too and hardly talk but I do know how now. But there's sometimes it literally can not speak....especially when under any stress and was told that's selective mutism. I also have mild schizophrenia.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 12:24 am

I say substitution words that can be completely unrelated is what happens sometimes often. But correct in my head mostly. Maybe I should speak slow?

Anyway, used to lose speech very often to everyone.