People who listen to music on their phone without headphones

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2018, 5:12 am

People who do this in public... Listening to music or watching videos on their phones without headphones...

Does anyone else find this one of the most infuriating things on earth? As if there's not enough noise and sensory overload in this world for us to take in as it is.

I think the utter selfishness of it annoys me just as much as the actual sound. Get some headphones for goodness sake! The whole bus/train/cafe/other places doesn't need to hear your tinny poor quality noise. :x

Last edited by KeepOn on 02 Mar 2018, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:15 am

I don't have access to headphones. Bite me.

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2018, 5:22 am

Tequila wrote:

So buy some from Poundland for £1.

Last edited by KeepOn on 02 Mar 2018, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2018, 5:22 am

KeepOn wrote:
People who do this in public... Listening to music or watching videos on their phones without headphones...

Does anyone else find this one of the most infuriating things on earth? As if there's not enough noise and sensory overload in this world as it is.

I think the utter selfishness of it annoys me just as much as the actual sound. Get some headphones for goodness sake! The whole bus/train/cafe/other places doesn't need to hear your tinny poor quality noise. :x

Yes! A thousand times yes! It drives me crazy, and for exactly the reasons you say.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:28 am

KeepOn wrote:
Tequila wrote:

So buy some from Poundland for £1.

That will prove difficult.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:55 am

Yeah, it's so annoying I honestly think it should be illegal and something cops actually crack down on. It would only target extremely inconsiderate people. so go get 'em.

I also hate the screaming into their phones idiots.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:56 am

I'm with you. It is horrid.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 7:13 am

Yes, it annoys me too, especially when it's youngsters playing the hideous music that's out now. They just have no respect.

It's more annoying when on the bus or train and someone blasts their music on loud. And nobody says anything. I would, but I am too meek and polite, but I try to show what I'm thinking by giving body language signals, but they don't take any notice.

Sometimes people blast out music or videos on their phone during a conversation, which I find very annoying.
This might be unrelated to the topic but I hate it when people show me videos of cats or dogs doing funny things, I have to pretend to be amused when really I can't be arsed.

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2018, 6:02 pm

Yeah it’s annoying, but as a total weirdo I appreciate how off the wall it is. I like when people stand out by being themselves. I’m from San Francisco, the land of the free and the land of the phone stereos on public transportation. So I totally know what you’re talking about.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 6:19 pm

I'm guilty of this. I have forgotten my headphones and I will keep it on low volume and also have the video in caption so I can read the words.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 11:26 pm

KeepOn wrote:

Does anyone else find this one of the most infuriating things on earth? As if there's not enough noise and sensory overload in this world for us to take in as it is.

YES. OMG. YES.

This major irritation brings me to near meltdown status every time. I have actually yelled out at somebody in public to turn that *bleep* off immediately or something to that effect. The selfishness of it is absolutely aggravating in the extreme and if they're playing some of that gangsta rap *bleep* then I will lose control every time. Anybody who blasts out the "N" word in public ought to be drawn, quartered and disembodied.

Perhaps I am over-the-top here?

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 11:34 pm

Yes, that's a surefire way to drive me absolutely bonkers. Other people probably don't want to listen to my music, what makes them think I'd want to listen to theirs? Plus, unnecessary noise tends to irritate me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2018, 8:07 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Yes, that's a surefire way to drive me absolutely bonkers. Other people probably don't want to listen to my music, what makes them think I'd want to listen to theirs? Plus, unnecessary noise tends to irritate me.

One of the problems, unfortunately, is that they don't think. And perhaps also some misguided notion of "equivalence" causes them to perceive their "right" to listen to what they want, how they want, as being on a par with everybody else's right not to be subjected to unnecessary noise and intrusion.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 8:31 am

That, and people talking on speaker phone for no reason really eat away at my patience.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 9:49 pm

I have really only had a problem with it on the train. Last Wednesday a woman sitting across from me was playing bits of music on her phone. She looked around, saw me frowning at her and just continued to play her music. Thankfully I was only on the train for two stops.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:28 am

I can relate. You'd think people would have the common sense to use headphones, but apparently not. I'm certainly considerate enough to wear headphones when listening to music, or not listen to music if I have no immediate access to headphones.