Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2017, 3:00 pm

Which is your preferance if you are able to? I prefer to ride in the warmer months, started on a small 50cc scooter and worked up to the 500CC motorcycle I have now. However I have noticed that as I get old the big bike getting heavier and harder for me to deal with. Thinking about selling it and going back to a 250cc maxi scooter. I have a nice pick up truck with really dark tinted windows(really helps with my light sensitivity) as my glasses wont auto tint when inside the cab. While dealing with city traffic is very exhausting for me, a nice ride in the country side away from traffic is very relaxing. No radio, no talking, just the wind and the sound of my engine. The pipes on my MC are stock and have a nice low tone to them. We have very cold winters, so riding year round isnt an option for me. If I lived in the south or in California, I would ride all year long. Mike

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

I prefer my bicycle. When distance and load require more, I use a super-economy car and combine errands to fill a day. On those trips, I often take a small detour to visit a friend, but won't use non-renewable resources for a purely social or scenic trip.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:01 pm

I like to drive my car. I wouldn't mind it if I rode if we go somewhere scenic. It would have to be in a car, though.

I'm afraid to ride my bicycle, or ride a motorcycle, on roads which must be shared with cars.

I will not ride a bicycle with someone else on it, or a motorcycle, period.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:37 pm

I could ride in most 2-wheeled vehicles. I've been doing that most of my life -- both my parents motorcycle riders.
In fact, it's the only vehicle we ever owned. :twisted:

I also could use them. But ah, even if I ask my parents for one, we don't even have a budget to buy an adult bicycle let alone a scooter or another motorcycle.

And, I can't drive yet. :lol: Owning any vehicle that has more than 3 or 4-wheels would mostly be just a dream.
Although, I might bug one of my cousins to teach me how to drive someday.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

Both. I either drive or take the train. I used the both bus and train today because it was so hot. I also prefer to walk.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm

I like to drive. Just have to make sure the AC works.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

Yep...it sure better work in Texas!! ! LOL

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:34 am

You do realize that Western movies show people getting along with no AC, and hauling their fabulous manhood around with just 1 HP? Just open the window, drink water, and slop some on your shirt at regular intervals.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:35 am

I agree with that---but I also like my AC!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 1:16 pm

I utilize public transportation to get to and from wherever I go in Portland.

But like many, I often feel uncomfortable whenever I am on a crowded bus or train.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

I usually walk to work or to shop near where I live. If I have to travel longer distances, I typically drive.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:30 pm

I'm now working as a Truck Driver so I do a lot of driving.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:31 pm

My daily commute to my office from home is via bicycle, though I do a fair amount of work outdoors with my car too. Sometimes I use rented cars for international outdoors stuff.

I'm also working on fixing up a mini-bike, which only will go about 25 mph max, so more like a slow scooter than a motorcycle, but hopefully I'll ride that some day too.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 8:29 pm

I like to drive but I don't got the cash to afford a car atm. I rarely go out so I just use Uber to get around. Much cheaper than owning a car.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 1:08 am

Loved to drive in the past but banned now due to medical reasons, so I either walk or ride one of my bicycles.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 1:22 am

Noca wrote:
I like to drive but I don't got the cash to afford a car atm. I rarely go out so I just use Uber to get around. Much cheaper than owning a car.

I really tried to make a car-share work here, but there's no public service, and an hour or two to the health food store. However, I can own economical, reliable cars for $200 pa for parts and depreciation, and buy insurance by the day when times are tight. I understand that I'm not fashionable, but at least the ride matches the clothes.
I got along for decades without a car, because when you find your home, work, and shops by bike, they are within bike range. Unfortunately, my wife came with a car, after I met her on a bike, and I've needed the range ever since.