Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 3:45 pm

I almost constantly have a foggy mind due to an underactive thyroid gland...yet even when foggy I seem to automatically be able to spew out logical conversations etc. Odd, it is almost like some sort of robotic stream of consciousness at times when I have a really bad foggy brain day. It does get frustrating though as I used to be a lot sharper.

verte
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2007, 5:24 pm

An NT friend of mine once made analogies of the brains of various students in the room with him to computers. Of me, he said I had the most memory but the slowest processor.

I don't necessarily agree with him fully. His observation is based on my tendency to take much longer to complete tests than other students. I give very long responses to the questions to account for this. I do not think this implies that I am thinking more slowly, however. I have a good memory and an obsession to post every detail I am aware of. This has been extremely difficult for me to overcome, but I've been losing interest in some studies and I have taught myself to be a little bit more concise. Because of my success with this, I'd say my processor is more capable because I run more processes on the work, and in being more concise I take less time than a lot of other students to complete my work.

devochka
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2015, 10:40 pm

I have had slow mental processing all my life. It might be due to OCD or to a lack of self-confidence or to something else. I just know that I've always had it.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2015, 6:50 am

My brain goes offline during sensory overload - for instance, we had my siblings and their children visiting one weekend and were outside with all the kids running around and several conversations going on, and I sat there in the middle and didn't know what to do or where to begin with anything. If my own kids are making a ruckus and my husband asks me to make up my mind on something, my brain just doesn't respond. I might snap at him then, saying "decide for youself!" or sth. Very mature ... not.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Nov 2015, 8:19 pm

Yes. It was worse when i was suffering from depression.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2015, 8:25 pm

Anubis wrote:
Does anyone here with AS have times when they think slowly, and can't get their head around much?
My thoughts get scrambled sometimes, and I don't think so well then. Often when something's on my mind or the situation is chaotic. I've been feeling like that for most of today for some reason.

That's me allot and I hate it. I also am very self conscious about this to the point where I start noticing someone who is trying to show me something getting frustrated and it starts to piss me off. I also hate when others patronize me and think I'm stupid when my IQ is actually higher than theirs