Do you believe there are Extraterrestrial beings ?

Page 2 of 13 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 8:37 pm

Probably plenty of life, with some intelligent life sprinkled throughout. Whether we're close enough to any to make contact is another question

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

Occasionally I wonder if there is intelligent life on this planet!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

all [every single one] of the sightings of ET aircraft over the centuries cannot be fake. that is a lot of smoke there and IMHO there must be a fire somewhere.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Sep 2014, 9:20 pm

With the sheer size of the universe, I believe it likely other life forms exist. Although we assume that oxygen and other things our earth life forms need to exist, I believe it possible other life forms in the universe might not require these things. They may rely on very different conditions to live. I also believe that we may not even be able to recognize other life forms in the universe as life. I believe there could be intelligence in alien beings that may appear to us as a flicker of light or a grain of sand like material. There could be life forms that cannot even be perceived by our human senses. Just because our life on earth requires certain parameters to exist does not mean that an alien life elsewhere would require the same parameters. Well, that's my belief.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 11:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
all [every single one] of the sightings of ET aircraft over the centuries cannot be fake. that is a lot of smoke there and IMHO there must be a fire somewhere.

That or a whole lot of people are smoking a whole lot of something.... :D

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm

All I can base my belief on is the statistical probability that alien life most likely exists. I don't however believe aliens have visited earth. Well, there is the panspermia hypothesis, which if true, means that WE are the aliens :lol:

I do support SETI (Search For Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) because I think that radio astronomy is our best bet at detecting alien life.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 3:08 pm

eggheadjr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That or a whole lot of people are smoking a whole lot of something.... :D

in the above pic you see a painting of the Madonna and St. Giovannino - to the right you will see a man and dog looking up at the sky at a UFO.
here is a blow-up part of that pic-

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 8:28 pm

Yes. And I think Earth is a relatively late entry into the game.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 10:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Well what about all the people that thought they had been abducted by aliens? It was very popular in the 80's. Butthe first were "The Antonio Vilas Boas case (1957) and the Hill abduction (1961) were the first cases of UFO abduction to earn widespread attention. " Wikipedia has a good long read about "the phenomena" here>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abduction The thing is, that we just don't hear about it any longer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 11:05 pm

tall-p wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well what about all the people that thought they had been abducted by aliens? It was very popular in the 80's. Butthe first were "The Antonio Vilas Boas case (1957) and the Hill abduction (1961) were the first cases of UFO abduction to earn widespread attention. " Wikipedia has a good long read about "the phenomena" here>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abduction The thing is, that we just don't hear about it any longer.

what proof is there that betty hill was just imagining it?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 3:22 am

I think it's fairly well established that it's statistically impossible that sentient life could only appear once in the entire known universe. It's also highly unlikely that life forms that evolved milllions of years before us would not be capable of perceiving our existence.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 3:42 am

I believe earth is one of the few type 0 civilizations in our galaxy.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 4:32 am

I believe there is life on other planets somewhere.

But what I mostly believe in is witches, but that's a different subject.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 4:49 am

when I was in the army there were approximately 50,000 practicing witches [wiccans] in uniform, among the 5 armed services, this was circa mid 1980s.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 5:22 am

It seems most likely there is other life outside of earth.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 7:10 am

I also am convinced of the likeliness of ETs based on statisical probability.

Though I think the great distances involved make actual visits by them unlikely. At least in such a short relative time as our recorded history. The closest ones to us may well just be mold people who don't leave home much anyway.