How do you know you have visual-spatial deficits?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 2:10 am

I do poorly on visual-spatial tests, but I don't notice any major problems in real life. I occasionally get confused when people give me directions to places and I have trouble visualizing stuff if I put pressure on myself. The images lose detail and my head gets full of voices asking why the images don't have detail.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 2:43 am

I have visual-spacial deficits related to my spatial memory:

. Horrible with maps and navigation/direction
. Mental manipulation of visual material is difficult and stressful (rotations etc.)
. Failure in the effective storing of certain visual information

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 4:16 am

I get lost easily and can't get around without GPS navigation.
I can't accurately judge the size of objects by looking at them. (For example, if I get out a pot to cook something I have to try on several different lids to find the correct one.)
And it was confirmed by an IQ test were my visual-spatial score was barely over half of the rest of my scores and I felt like a complete moron while failing to complete the seemingly trivial puzzles.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 7:50 am

I also do poorly on those tests, and I have hard time with proper use of maps and direction. I get left, right, East, West etc, I just can't easily find my way around, and if we go one way and take some streets back and forth, I have no sense of direction or where we'll end up, and unless I was familiar with the place, I would have to slavishly back track to find my way back. I easily get lost.

I'm also hopeless with seeing things mentally and rotating them in my mind. That, and lack of drawing skills, made technical drawing next to impossible for me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765