Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 12:27 am

I am very child-like. I like and really only watch children's TV, as long as its not condescending and I do things like maintain a vintage RC car collection. My favorite TV show right now is Annedroids. My music interests lately is depressing material aimed at teenagers. Not much age appropriate. Its kind of like being a child with the life experience of a 24 year old.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 8:37 am

I'm still pretty child-like at age 53.

I think it's because I wasn't forced grow up by having kids of my own.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 8:42 am

I very childish. I love cartoons and stuff. That's interesting, though. I like the stuff I grew up on. The stuff that kids watch these days, I'm not interested in. I haven't changed since I was in the fourth grade. I'm still interested in the same things. I still like dolls, kid movies, the same tv shows. I've always said that when you get me as a fan, you've got a fan for life. I get just as excited about Crystal as I did about the old Sailor Moon anime. It may be newer and being made today, but same topic.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

I still trick-or-treat.

It doesn't look weird because I have a toddler on my hip and I can pretend I'm teaching her how to trick-or-treat...

...and then I can swear up and down that my seven-year-old is a little shy, and struggles with impulse control, and needs someone to set an example for how to trick-or-treat properly...

...but I'm kidding myself. Realistically, I'm having as much fun as they are.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 9:59 am

I didn't finish reading your post (because I didn't need to. I got the gist of it) but despite being 47, I am still very childlike!

I still like archery, things that go boom, throwing stones (to see I'm still accurate), see how far I can flick my cigarette butts (since being grown up), etc.

I'm still an innocent. I'm close to God (not the God any of you humans know. God is just a word you'll get the closest to understanding what I mean!) You can't perceive what I know!

I'm a carer of humans although I can't even stand spending time with them...

I don't expect you to understand. It's deep. Even I don't understand at times.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 12:27 pm

I still like kid books and kid shows and I have a childish personality. I still love sweets like a kid. I wish I could still trick or treat and I always like to dress up that day and take my kid out. I am still considered innocent.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2014, 5:01 pm

LonelyJar wrote:
I grew older, but I never grew up.

That's a good way of putting it! I have all these responsibilities, but deep inside, I'm still a child. I behave like an adult when I'm out in the world, but when I go home, I just put on my kids' movies and stim for a while.

I do think, though, that I look younger than I really am--my coworker thought I was 24, recently. I wish!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm

The last time I trick-or-treated, I was 13. I did it alone. I dressed up as a ghost. It was so lonely. It was a very weird feeling.

I also did a very morally-corrupt thing: I took the money meant for Unicef.

All this turned me off from trick-or-treating for the rest of my life.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm

I don't know because it seems being adult like means performing in a way that comes across as a child who takes playing grown up way too seriously. What I'm trying to say is acting as an adult seems more immature than being "childish". The whole notion that certain interests make someone childish sounds like high school bullies coming up with arbitrary reasons people are beneath them. The worst thing is if you're deemed "childish" people feel they do not have to respect your agency, or feel entitled to controlling you. All in all it appears just to be another ridiculous social hierarchy where the adults march around acting as if they're superior to those who are "childish".

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 12:26 am

well, i've been called very mature and 'exceptional" for my age so i guess not.

i tend to enjoy things geared more towards older audiences (i'm 17) but i do enjoy some cartoons, older WB and Disney classics particularly. i haven't been trick or treating since i was 14? i can't be bothered to dress up and walk around rich neighborhoods for candy, would much rather stay inside and lay video games or read about my interest.

i look my age too, a little less maybe if i'm clean shaven. :mrgreen:

don't call myself 'adultlike" though, mature seems better for some reason.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 1:06 am

I feel pretty much exactly the same as I did as a kid, except I'm bigger and have more knowledge. That's pretty much the only difference.

I limit my so-called childish behaviors around others, but if I'm alone I don't really care. I also have a young-looking face, and I'm smaller than average, so that makes me look younger too. Though if I don't shave or cut my hair for a while, some people will think I'm in my early twenties. That's nice, because someone once thought I was 10 when I was actually a high school sophomore.

- Sherlock Holmes

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 2:33 am

I guess in some ways.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Oct 2014, 7:31 am

When I was a child, some people thought I acted older than my age. But I liked to play. Perhaps it was that I tended to play in the privacy of my room, and when people saw me, they saw me engaged in activities other than play. Although as an adult I act like an adult, I often think in ways that are the same as they were when I was a child. For example, I always dreamed of building an HO scale amusement park on a train display. I still dream about that and have made some strides in doing it. I still have many of the books I had when I was in school (like haunted house books and house plan books), and I still feel the same "magic" when I read them today. I am still intensely interested in the special interests I had as a child. I am nearing completion of a book about growing up with Asperger's, and the book is giving me a chance to relive my childhood. So many of the experiences I am writing about I feel like happened only yesterday (literally).

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2014, 9:37 am

I hide my favorite plushie in a bag and bring her to work with me, and since I had a bad day I'm hugging her right now feeling like I'm going to cry, so I guess the answer is yes. :?

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 10:49 am

When I was a child and living a very sad, sad existence I had a make believe world of a happy childhood with a loving family and all the nice things. In both my asleep dream world and my "daydream world" - my own little world - I sometimes see myself as a happy little kid just like I had in my make believe world when I was in reality a sad little kid. I think emotionally I am still very much a child.

- Albert Einstein

Periwinkle88
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2014, 11:28 am

Yes, very much so! I watch mostly kids shows and cartoons. The only adult show I ever watch is Doctor who. I also mostly watch kids movies and love Disney. I read only Children's fiction (it's my special interest)
I love my plushies and also my dolls. I still like to play :)