Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 7:59 am

I've often been bummed because when they come-out with bed sheets, for instance, for cartoons, they don't come in a size for double beds----I would LOVE to have some with the characters from "Cars" on them!! Also, I would TOTALLY wear "Hello Kitty" underwear, if they had them in adult sizes!! !

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:02 am

Not in front of other people. But I do secretly like a lot of things that aren't completely appropriate for my age group.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:34 am

Link to where you can order Hello Kitty women's underwear
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-h ... women.html

Link to Cars full sized sheets on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Cars-Sheet ... 37&sr=1-22

I am sure we can find many more. I have seen some of both at Walmart too.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:40 am

I meow in the cubicle, in the halls of my job, on the subway.

Not exactly a very mature way to act :wink:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I meow in the cubicle, in the halls of my job, on the subway.

Not exactly a very mature way to act :wink:
I am sure the stray cats love it. :P

Wreck It Ralph

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

A little bit of fun keeps you young, and it has general health benefits. I guess it depends on what you find funny or enjoyable. Yes I am immature based on normative standards, but this varies and I have a colourful portfolio of ?adult accomplishments?.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:08 am

skibum wrote:

OMG----that is SO COOL that they have those----a THOUSAND THANKYOUS!! !!

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:10 am

StarTrekker wrote:
In a word, yes. I'm dressing up as the X-Men's Wolverine for Halloween this year, and going trick-or-treating with my 15-year-old autistic neighbour because my little sister is at a Halloween party and won't go with me. My original plan was to go with my mom.

At least you have someone to go with. My parents are getting to a point where I'm either too old for it or they're too old to go with me because their physical issues. I can't go by myself because my anxiety is pretty bad when I have to do something alone I'm not used to. :(

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Oct 2014, 11:31 am

Yes, definitely!

I think of it as being "age-queer". :)

I don't think I really quite progressed past age 12 in many ways, eg. never quite grasped or mastered the "several-steps-long-term thinking" and acting; the fitting into social hierarchies, in working environments especially; understanding/"performing post-pubescent gender differences "correctly"/effortlessly, and thinking in the multiple finely-graded "grey shades" between black and white beliefs about things/life which "real"/normal adults seem to do so naturally.

I still feel like a child/teenage girl when shopping for instance; even when faced with women my age, ( 51 now ), I find myself relating to them, speaking to them ( if necessary ), etc as if I were a child, not of their generation or status at all.

And I have *had* a child, now 15 years old, so parenting doesn't seem to have made any difference to my child-likeness. :lol

( Once I got over the first couple of years of deep desperate post-natal depression ) I loved playing with Lego with my son, building awesome Technic "creatures" together, and watching him play pc games, and setting up vast and complex Playmobil landscapes with him, and drawing-games ( treasure maps and turn-based zombie challenges on paper, etc ), etc etc etc. He got all the toys my parents either couldn't or didn't want to buy me or my sister when we were little! :lol

Great thread; have really been enjoying reading the comments. :)

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:41 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
skibum wrote:

OMG----that is SO COOL that they have those----a THOUSAND THANKYOUS!! !!

You are so welcome. :D

Wreck It Ralph

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 12:21 pm

I can be very child-like with my cats. I have one cat that I run around the house and play with, giggling like a maniac.

I can be a bit child-like exploring things..."oh look at this pretty flower! look here's a butterfly!"

I like kids shoes, or women's shoes that look like kids shoes. I have a pair of Taylor Swift Keds with little cats on them and I pretty much squealed with delight when I found them in the store.

I like Japanese kawaii culture which is very child-like and cutesy. I would like to dress up Lolita or Gothic Lolita style but it would be very out of place where I live. I settle for having really cute shoes.

Other than those things, I'm not very child-like. I wish I could still watch cartoons, play with toys, etc. but I've tried it and I just lose interest in it.

I did play a lot as a child. But I could snap out of it in a heartbeat and act very grown up.

I remember times when I thought, "Now I have to act like a child because people expect it" and I totally put on an act. Inside myself I never felt like a child.

I've been told I look innocent, and I think that might be why people assume I'm younger than I am. I think it's sad that people don't associate innocence with being an adult. But whatever.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm

Childish... Childlike... Well, I *sound* childlike, and I quite *posed* as childlike to others. Even so *looked* like childlike at age of 19 mostly being mistaken my 17 year old NT sister as the elder sibling if not an older looking twin. I'm mostly childlike around my mom, even at public! And so does with cats, and toddlers and playing with them. I don't mind the crowd. I still watch cartoons, coloring coloring books, playing with children's toys, talking to plushies, chasing things like butterflies, being overly curious...

I'm well aware I'm emotionally childish in some way, especially when I'm hurt. But not the way I think (intellectually). Not the way I handle certain situations, especially serious ones. People think I'm rather immature, and not taking everything seriously just because of my voice/body language.

I'm fine with cooking, cleaning the house, managing budgets, paying bills, doing other chores, learning more necessary things, even those that are harder to learn, I might try to learn how to babysit, diet, general nursing... I might learn things that I don't like, like business, doing.going for interviews ONLY when necessary enough... But sense of fashion? Trends? Crushes? Boyfriends? Sex? No. I still don't even get the concept of 'sexy'. Tho I already know what respectful admiration feels like, but not attraction.

I feel like a child (like I'm still 8-12), with an intellect of an adult (and I'm fine with it), in a teenager's body(Or at least what it LOOKED like it from someone else's view).

Lose more time here.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:26 pm

Well....I just went trick or treating and had a blast!! ! :lol:

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:35 pm

I was once described as a "sweet innocent child of God" because of my complete lack of understanding and obvious uncomfortable reaction to some people talking about adult content. I thought that was quite the complement.

The problem with getting older is I am quickly ageing-out(if I haven't already) of programs aimed at teens/youth, there is not much of interest out there for adults. the teen art/social programs appeal to me. Its like we end up in a void. Its a good thing I haven't aged much, I can still fit in with the 14-21 groups.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2014, 6:08 am

EzraS wrote:
Well....I just went trick or treating and had a blast!! ! :lol:

Congratulations! I wish I could have done that. :)

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

FautheralLoather
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2014, 8:17 am

Yes I do act childlike but the reasion prior of that is because a majority of people are speaking to me like I am a child or a "ret*d" so I stard to act a bit like one, and I generally know the reasons why they are doing this, which is very bothersome on my part.

I generally do have some form or articulation but I cannot help acting like a 5 year old and people generally don't seem to care much on that.