Does anyone else find denim/jeans uncomfortable?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Azureth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2014, 1:43 am

Now I am not sure if it could be due to my (possible) Asperger's but since I was young and my parents bought me my first pair I have never liked the feel of Jeans. In particular in my stomach area it feels really bad. I have tried all kinds of different brands/sizes but I have always hated the feeling. For me it's pretty much always shorts, or in winter, loose sweat pants.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 1:53 am

jeans to me are too thick and stiff and heat-trapping yet they transfer cold air upon the skin readily which is the worst of all sartorial worlds. they also require a buff or beanpole physique to wear properly. they are made for perfect people. I prefer wearing thin and breathable fabric slacks with a belt or suspenders.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 1:53 am

I have never worn denim jeans by choice. I always wear tracksuits at home, and if I go out and decide to wear jeans, they are comfortable black skinny jeans.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 2:03 am

I used to hate wearing jeans then got used to them. My boxers are a bit higher than my jeans though, just out of comfortableness sake and my belt buckle is off to the left instead of in the middle.

I only wear either stuff from Old Navy or Mark's Work Warehouse, those are the only two stores I find jeans to be comfortable and not making my skin feel like it's being scratched to death.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 2:11 am

i have always had a problem with jeans. But it's a problem that might surprise people.

The thick part where all the seams meet, right at the crotch, bothered the HECK out of me, always.

BlueOrchid

02 Nov 2014, 2:12 am

"Normal" jeans are fine to me, no discomfort there, but i do also wear skinny jeans often, and with those, yes i do feel some discomfort in the leg area, as i feel the jeans lays crookedly around my legs sometimes, how to describe it.. Well sort of like more of the fabric is tucked up on one side of the legs, as if the leg area of the jeans have been moved out of position and twirled a little to the side - Which actually often is the case. then i usually if i find the feeling to annoying, i have to bend down and pull the jeans into the right position on both legs again.
So in my opinion Jeans aren't excruciatingly uncomfortable - unless the size is too small for your body shape or too big, or if they are newly washed then with the fabric being very stiff/rough towards your skin (luckily this goes away after wearing the jeans an hour or two).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 2:14 am

I severely disliked jeans as a child and rarely wore them before I was 11. Once I was 11ish I caved to peer-pressure and wore them more often, but started wearing combat pants and Dickies type pants almost exclusively by the time I was a young teenager. I don't own a pair of jeans at the moment; the last few I owned weren't so bad since they were lighter material than the Levi's jeans I had as a kid.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 2:20 am

I don't like jeans or denim in general. I do have a couple of pairs of jeans that I can tolerate, but I hardly ever wear them. The most comfortable pair has a cotton liner sewn in around the waist to make it softer. I think those are Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.

I can't stand anything too tight on my waist, especially if it has a button. It's torture. I have digestion problems and bloating and my belly is really sensitive. It's really uncomfortable anyway no matter what kind of clothes I wear. But tight clothing makes it worse. And a waistband with no stretch in it will make me have reflux.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2014, 2:38 am

I dislike the rough material of jeans and how tight they can be against the skin. For this reason, I prefer to wear loose shorts or trousers which feel much nicer.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 3:30 am

DarkAscent wrote:
I dislike the rough material of jeans and how tight they can be against the skin. For this reason, I prefer to wear loose shorts or trousers which feel much nicer.

I feel exactly the same. They also aggravate my backache. I don't think it has much to do with autism though.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 4:00 am

Have always been unable to wear denim, whereas I like wearing light cotton and even cords. Unable to wear anything synthetic as well.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 8:35 am

My NT daughter REFUSES to wear blue jeans, and my Aspie husband also.

Lucky for my daughter, the girls.do not wear blue jeans often.

You couldn't get me out of my Levis growing up.

Both complain about stiffness and where the waist cuts them. I've bought all variations of jeans for the kid, and wind up giving them away.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 9:29 am

Jeans are actually the only pants I like. I also like them to be a bit baggy.
I can't stand khaki pants. I can't stand shorts of any kind. I don't like any other kind of pants I've tried.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

I have only ever worn three pairs of jeans in my life, v soft pale blue flared ones in the late-70's with a low waist, a darker blue straight-legged pair v rarely a bit later, and a tight dull thinner-jean-fabric green pair quite a bit at Sixth Form and first year uni, but I always disliked how stiff they felt, how thick, how tight around the waist unless low-waisted, ( and I never liked the colour of standard ones, def not a favourite shade of blue ).

I totally agree with the person who mentioned the pressure on belly/waist problem.

Jeans always made me more aware of my body too because of the friction caused by the thick material.

I have always preferred soft, loose or elasticated generally baggy trousers or gentle-waisted leggings, etc, in which I could forget my body or it at least felt totally unrestricted.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 10:06 am

YES.

They never fit how I want them to, so I have to adjust them with buttons on the side. The buttons dig into my skin.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 10:37 am

I dont have problems wearing jeans. I wear them when going out but indoors I wear tracksuit bottoms indoors and as pyjama bottoms :arrow: