Does anyone else find denim/jeans uncomfortable?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:06 am

I used to hate jeans and I refused wearing them as a kid. But I said "I'm sorry" to the kind of clothing after a incident in middle school: I was wearing tracksuit bottoms at school and a boy took them off from me, taking off my panties too. Since then I always wear jeans - they are not so easy to take off.

I still can't take the old style, hard jeans but the ones with stretch are comfortable enough. I just can't stand the skinny ones - they are too tight on my knees.

I can't figure out what to do in winter though. I am always cold and I am unable to wear tights or anything under jeans or else I can't focus on anything - distracted by the feeling of 2 materials rubbing each other with my every move.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:21 am

I used to love wearing jeans up until a was about 32 years old. at bout that time. I started getting a gut(beer belly), and after that. I've hated then since.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:35 am

I used to not like them and refuse to wear them at all costs, but since then I have realized I am just picky about jeans and pants....I have found there are some comfortable pairs that are more stretchy and less constrictive. I like the look of tighter pants for a lot of outfits so I was quite happy when I realized there are jeans that are comfortable.....Though I think most of the patterned jeans like pants I have aren't really made out of denim per say, I think one is but the others aren't really. But yeah I got a red plaid pair, plain dark blue, the weird psychedelic looking ones I am wearing in my picture. Then two denim ones, one is greyish with somewhat darker grey polka dots, then I have a read pair that already came with holes in it(I am actually kind of ashamed I actually bought a pair of pants with pre-made holes in them as its more genuine to actually wear them enough to get holes or rip them yourself but really wanted red pants).

What sort of jeans have you tried wearing, sound like those uncomfortable ones with the super tight stomach/crotch thing with stiff material that doesn't give any slack or stretch some, I hate those kinds to..

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 02 Nov 2014, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:42 am

Protogenoi wrote:
Jeans are actually the only pants I like. I also like them to be a bit baggy.
I can't stand khaki pants. I can't stand shorts of any kind. I don't like any other kind of pants I've tried.

Ewww, I hate khaki pants to....that is one thing that bothers me when I go out in public is people wearing those.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:52 am

Kiriae wrote:
I used to hate jeans and I refused wearing them as a kid. But I said "I'm sorry" to the kind of clothing after a incident in middle school: I was wearing tracksuit bottoms at school and a boy took them off from me, taking off my panties too. Since then I always wear jeans - they are not so easy to take off.

I still can't take the old style, hard jeans but the ones with stretch are comfortable enough. I just can't stand the skinny ones - they are too tight on my knees. I can't figure out what to do in winter though. I am always cold and I am unable to wear tights or anything under jeans or else I can't focus on anything - distracted by the feeling of 2 materials rubbing each other with my every move.

I tend to wear lose fitting pajama pants over my jeans if its cold out and I need a bit more protection than a mere pair of jeans...maybe it looks a little weird but it sure beats being really cold.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 11:55 am

Denim jeans are all I ever wear! There's no other type of pants that's casual, functional, and stylish. Other people think sweat pants are the most comfortable, but I have absolutely hated them since I was a kid. They make my thighs look twice as big and I hate the way they crease around my... crotch... they get little pills of lint between the legs, and of course they make you sweat, mostly between your legs, and then you look like you've peed yourself. Ugh. I also hate wearing shorts, even denim ones, so summer is hard for me. jeans are the thing to wear, but they have to be "normal" jeans, not those stupid boot cut ones that flap around my legs and are wide enough for animals to run up them, and the waistband is actually at or above my waist and isn't too tight. Finding jeans that were made for realistically-proportioned women is getting harder all the time, and I hate shopping for them. :( My mom says Dad is actually easier to take clothes shopping then me. :)

Speaking of which, I'll probably have to do that soon with Christmas coming up. *shivers* My mother has already gotten me a really nice winter coat that she ordered out of Sears, however, so I didn't have to go out and search for the right one.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm

I hated them as a kid. I remember I got these shorts and when I put them on, they felt tight and felt like I was masturbating in them. I hated it. They also felt thick too. I remember I had two pairs as a kid and they were loose and baggy so they didn't feel uncomfortable but I still didn't like them. Now I don't mind them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Nov 2014, 3:18 pm

I never liked wearing long pants in general because I had a bad form of skin eczema as a kid & long sleeves trap in heat & humidity which make me itch & rub against my skin. I wear jeans when I go outside on cold days but I put shorts back on 1ce I get home.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 3:29 pm

I love wearing jeans, particularly skinnies. I like the pressure. They need to be well worn-in though, so I normally buy them second hand or look for softer, 'aged' jeans.
Sweat pants are horrible. The fleece makes me itch like crazy.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I tend to wear lose fitting pajama pants over my jeans if its cold out and I need a bit more protection than a mere pair of jeans...maybe it looks a little weird but it sure beats being really cold.

Thanks for suggestion, I will try it. I just have to get some pajama pants first since I don't have any. :lol:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 5:58 pm

I also wear only soft, stretchy denims and I really like them. They are very in style right now.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Arlo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

I love my Wrangler jeans. I have always loved denim. I also like overalls but I don't wear them too often because people look at me like some sort of hillbilly.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm

I like skinny jeans, but the stitching of new ones can sting too much...not just itchy.

futuristic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2014, 11:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
jeans to me are too thick and stiff and heat-trapping yet they transfer cold air upon the skin readily which is the worst of all sartorial worlds. they also require a buff or beanpole physique to wear properly. they are made for perfect people. I prefer wearing thin and breathable fabric slacks with a belt or suspenders.

I feel the same. Thick, stiff sandpaper is scratching up against my legs. I thought I was the only one aware of the presence of cold air transferring into their legs. I feel cold yet sweaty like my legs are trapped and suffocating in an abysmal torture chamber. The button is cold and presses too deeply in my stomach. The seams are a heavy weight pricking stiffly against me. The way the fabric hangs against my ankles and transfers air unsettles me. Skinny jeans are tolerable as they are snug at your ankles and fit tight; even though certain elements still aggravate me they are the only jeans I will consent to wear presently. I like, flowy or breezy cotton skirts and yoga pants. Sweat pants are nice, as long the lining is minimal (don't get me started on that either). My favorite yoga pants and sweats come from Victoria's Secret.. They are expensive, yet tight and snug fitting with a minimal seam, Sometimes the seams are mildly unsettling, but the pressing against my skin is more tolerable than a button. :)

I was built for a nudist colony.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 12:05 am

futuristic wrote:
I was built for a nudist colony.

I wish I was built for a nudist colony :oops:

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 1:19 pm

It really depends. I am getting to the age where I have no desire for my pants to look like they've been sprayed on. I always wear clothes that are a couple sizes bigger than what I actually am. If they are bigger then usually I don't have a problem with them. Although, obviously, more worn/ washed pants will be softer, so that helps too.