Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm

Quote:
"It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees" ~ Emiliano Zapata

I find that dignity is important for NTs, but completely crucial for people with AS. I mean life important!

Yet we are naturally bad at defending our dignity in a social setting because of our bad social skills.

Does any of you recognize this unfortunate pattern?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 7:29 pm

Like anything in the life of people with ASDs, much of our success depends on what our special interests are. For those that choose politics or activism as their interests, watch out. They make some of the very best advocates. For those who have the ability to switch interests, maybe switching to doing public awareness would be addictive and effective. Not everyone can be a Martin Luther King Jr., but we all can be our own personal advocates.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:08 am

I know exactly what you mean. =[

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 5:30 am

life has only made me crumbier at defending myself.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 5:38 am

One of my favourite quotes.
I'm definitely not good at defending myself, verbally at least, but I've tended to take that saying in the sense that, maybe I don't say anything to defend myself but I try not to show that someone or something's getting to me, or that they're influencing my behaviour, if that makes sense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 6:06 am

I can't seem to escape the deer in the headlights thing. :oops:

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 1:56 pm

A great quote! & reference.

"Dillon: You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your f**kin' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say *f**k* that thing! Let's fight it!"
~Alien 3

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 3:49 pm

One of my all-time favorite quotes, and another one I try to live-by, all-the-time!! ! I'm supposed to just LET YOU walk all over me----are you KIDDING me----get outta my face!! !

There are times when I've let people "slide", a little----like, with one's boss, is probably a good idea (unfortunately, I didn't even let my boss get away with it, at my second-to-last job----I let 'er have it, with BOTH barrels); but, usually, NOTHIN' DOIN'! !