A few articles about ASD gut-brain & probiotics

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 6:17 pm

This article has been shared a few times here and from my experience is pretty bang on:

Culprits of Autism Identified: Toxins, Gut Bacteria, Nutritional Deficiencies, and Vaccines Made with Human Fetal Cell Lines

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =682524539

These 3 are new to me and I just read them today:

Are Probiotics the New Prozac?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... rozac.aspx

Some Scientists Are Calling This The Second Brain. It?s Very Important To Keep It Healthy

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... ell-being/

Bacteria, gut organisms linked to health, autism, schizophrenia, depression, diabetes, allergies and obesity

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/2534917 ... d-obesity/

Every time I see a new article about autism treatment R&D it points in the direction I've shared here about how I've managed to control my ASD and other symptoms via diet, herbal colonics, and probiotics - both ingested and as suppositories. It's gross science; but it's been life changing. I hope that as more and more information like this comes out that it gains a little more acceptance and others accept the possibility that it may help them as it has me.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

Sorry, but is that one article saying autism is linked to vaccines? I'd call it a horses**t source then, since it's proved to be false.

A lot of these people seem to be wanting to find "cures" for autism rather than help people who are on the spectrum live life comfortably.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
Sorry, but is that one article saying autism is linked to vaccines? I'd call it a horses**t source then, since it's proved to be false.

A lot of these people seem to be wanting to find "cures" for autism rather than help people who are on the spectrum live life comfortably.

Yes, that article is saying they're linked. I have no idea if they are or aren't, as I have no way of knowing personally since it's not my area of expertise nor something I'm able to study/observe etc to confirm or deny - but it is interesting. Nonetheless, even if you disregard that part of the article, the rest is pretty spot on IMO.

As I've said before, I know I'm not "cured," but I call what I've done a "functional cure," since my symptoms are minimized & I'm living a far better life for it. When I slack off on the protocol I've followed, symptoms tend to creep back up on me and I start to notice some of them - but it's usually more than feedback from others tells me symptoms have been returning and I need to be stricter on my diet and detox protocol. Recently, some feedback I had let me know this big time.. and I thought about it and realized I had recently taken a strong dose of antibiotics and that it had likely altered my gut flora significantly - to the point that it was affecting my brain functions and behaviour. So, I did what I do - a couple of ~ 5L enemas with warm filtered water, natural salts to prevent electrolyte imbalance, and organic apple cider vinegar to kill off any bad bacteria screwing with my brain functions, followed up by probiotics - little supplement capsule pills as suppositories as opposed to ingesting them. Like many times over the last year and a half or so, the result was that the next day I felt fantastic, was calm vs. anxious or nervous, was a lot more social etc.

I share this here because it's been exactly the things that's helped me live life MUCH more comfortably.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 7:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
As I've said before, I know I'm not "cured," but I call what I've done a "functional cure," since my symptoms are minimized & I'm living a far better life for it. When I slack off on the protocol I've followed, symptoms tend to creep back up on me and I start to notice some of them - but it's usually more than feedback from others tells me symptoms have been returning and I need to be stricter on my diet and detox protocol.

I know what you mean here. I recently returned to my high fat diet (the one everybody predicts I'll get heart disease from). The result is improved mood, more energy, clearer breathing and thinking and reduced pain. I can live with my autism when I'm feeling like this. When I lapse, my ability to cope declines.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:07 pm

Joseph Mercola is an osteopath, not a medical doctor. He also denies that AIDS is caused by HIV

Collective evolution--also not very credible. They have articles about telepathy and UFOs shutting down our nuclear weapons.

That said, there be some merit to the autism-GI connection. It's too soon to conclude either way

http://iacc.hhs.gov/events/2014/co-occu ... pt23.shtml