Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:53 pm

Have any of you have it? What is it like for you?

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:55 pm

What do you mean?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:03 pm

It is a school program for those who are too sick to go to school somebody comes over for two hours a day and does work.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:05 pm

I did when I was in fifth grade. Had a tutor come over for 2 to 3 hours a day. I too was too sick to attend school.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:09 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
It is a school program for those who are too sick to go to school somebody comes over for two hours a day and does work.

Ok. I'm from the UK so I don't know if you're from the US and it's got a different name.

I took 5 months off school once when I had just had a catastrophic relapse (which made my autism harder to manage than normal too) which landed me in a secure unit on 2:1 nursing. When I was recovering for the last 2 months of that time, my school sent me work to do when I was in hospital, and the nurses on the ward gave me a quiet room to work in with a nurse sitting in the corner quietly making sure I was ok. There was a teacher on the ward (it was an adolescent unit) who would make sure I was up to date and provided help if I needed it.

However I haven't had it for longer than those few months.

I'm in a normal uni now but I did do a distance learning course beforehand because I was too unwell (exacerbation of schizophrenia) to attend uni.