Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm

As you know lately i've been home and hospital contemplating my school placement my therapist says I am too sick to take regents or sats maybe permanently maybe not .

The whole problem besides my school which I want to stay in is my diploma if I don't earn certain credits and take certain regents and pass them and I won't get my diploma.

I could still graduate with a local or IeP diploma and be on stage with my grade.

Or I could try to stay in school till I'm 21 but I think you still get an IEP diploma unless they fail their class which I don't think I would since my teachers are Nice and I don't think would fail me Unless they had to or were forced too although I don't know. Currently I have enough credits to be a junior.

And IEP diploma does not mean much is pretty much useless A locals it's at least better but the Regents is the idea.

I'm planning on going to community college anyway and I want to walk on stage with my class at 17 which is how old I'll be. My therapist says there is no way I didn't do any work right now since I'm doing the crucible not doing any real work and that I am consistently hearing voices.

So tell me how important is it doesn't matter what diploma did you get did you get in to collage with your diploma?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 10:54 pm

You know how I feel. It's very important. You should either get the Regents or the GED.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

I think you want to do better for yourself. I can see you have the desire. I think you're stronger than you think.

I think, with accommodations and lots of study, that you will succeed in your Regents and your SAT.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 12:26 am

It is mostly of my doctors right now but I would like to hear another opinions too just so I have more things to say At that CSE meeting.

It is hard to judge my mental health and I don't believe right now in January because of home and hospital I may not be allowed to if I do get the chance but maybe in June I have to consult with my doctors and see what is best for me although I will try to take the regents if im am allowed to despite if I fail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:18 pm

I believe you truly want to succeed, and are tired of all the stumbling blocks placed in your path.

I'm glad you're active on the Site, and are reaching out.

I wonder if you could speak to an advocate of special ed in Yonkers.