Page 4 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 8:19 am

i eat my least favorite thing first and save the best for last.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 2:23 pm

mee too! whenever I can get my hands on a gluten-free sandwich I will eat the yucky crust all the way 'round first thing, saving the yummy middle for last :chef:

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2016, 2:31 pm

Haha I do the crust thing too.

When I put butter on my my bread I have to make sure its entirely covered to the edges too.

I dislike when people put butter on the center only

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 3:00 pm

Noura4eva wrote:
Haha I do the crust thing too. When I put butter on my my bread I have to make sure its entirely covered to the edges too. I dislike when people put butter on the center only

:bounce: aha :bounce: I wonder what are those people thinking when they put butter only on the center, don't they like butter?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 3:15 pm

It really depends on what I am eating, for instance if I am eating meat and rice that was served separate I might cut up the meat and mix it with my rice especially if its chicken since that can be kind of plain tasting. But if I am eating biscuits and gravy I have to put the gravy in a separate little container and dip my biscuits in it...since foods with mushy textures such as that make me gag. I can't even eat mashed potatoes, but luckily there are multiple other ways to eat potatoes.

Other then that I tend to try eating my greens or salad last since I've found out its better for digestion to start with the heavier stuff and end with greens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 3:17 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
It really depends on what I am eating, for instance if I am eating meat and rice that was served separate I might cut up the meat and mix it with my rice especially if its chicken since that can be kind of plain tasting. But if I am eating biscuits and gravy I have to put the gravy in a separate little container and dip my biscuits in it...since foods with mushy textures such as that make me gag. I can't even eat mashed potatoes, but luckily there are multiple other ways to eat potatoes.

what do you think of stuffing in the turkey? can you eat that?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

IAmTheCatalyst wrote:
Yes, in fact I nearly started this topic myself a few days ago. I always eat my foods in specific order - my least favorite, all the way up to my favorite food last. If there is a food I haven't tried before in my life, I usually try it before everything else to discern it's placement. The only way I ever found out this was odd is because when I would sit at the table and eat with other people at family gatherings they would say, "Don't you like the *insert food I haven't even touched yet*?", and when I'd tell them I eat my foods in order I always got funny looks.

I used to do that, too, and got asked the same questions. However, I realized the hard way that it's not such a good idea when you're eating with people who often take food from your plate---and definitely a bad one if you're all sharing some food and picking it up from the same place. They even assume they're helping you out with what you don't really want to eat---which, for some odd reason, tends to be something quite tasty.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 6:38 pm

I always ask folks if they want my olives and cucumbers :eew:

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:44 pm

When I was younger, I would always eat my least favorite thing first, and save the best for last.

As I've come to appreciate a variety of foods, nowadays I tend to have little bites of everything throughout the meal. Of course, we only eat things that we enjoy eating.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:50 pm

I eat rabbit food 4-6 times per week, and save the non-rabbitfood days for food that actually tastes good.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2016, 3:18 am

olympiadis wrote:
If you have a plate with multiple different food items on it, do you eat one item at a time before moving to the next?

I passed a Food Eating Course a few years back...

Seriously?

Seriously.

I even got a Certificate at the end of it.

I eat all my food items one at a time, and depending on what my plans are for that day (and the day after) will be a major influence deciding in which order each food item will be eaten in.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Feb 2016, 4:06 am

I remember when I was a kid, Mom would arrange my plate so nothing touched anything else. Then I would eat them all separately, in counter-clockwise order.

I also remember one of Mom's "you're growing up now" speeches, when she explained that no matter what somebody else served me, I must say it looks yummy and thank them and take bites at random so there's no order to it. That meant faking it, but it was always good to do what Mom said, even if I had to map my entire plate before approaching it.

These days I get myself something from the freezer and let it melt while I eat. I just finished an angel food muffin with frozen raspberries on the side and mandarin oranges from a can. A meal fit for a Queen, eaten in sequence and repeat till finished.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 6:34 am

Does anyone know if NTs do the "eat one food at a time" thing?

From the time I was a kid I'd do that, "eating the worst first and the best last".

I don't always do it now, but the tendency is still there.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 3:33 pm

lately I've been eating one crisp or one popped kernel at a time. got the idea from my sister. chew it a gazillian times then swallow. drink a gulp of water after each swallow. wait a minute. then repeat as needed.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 4:54 pm

Yep, I eat my least favorite food first and work my way up to the favorite. I've done that all my life, but people usually don't say anything about it. If I mixed them up, how would I know when to eat a certain food. Would I eat one piece of each food and keep going around? Am I just supposed to get this "sensation" that I should move on to a different food? Going worst to best is so much simpler.

greenylynx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2016, 6:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm a weird Aspie---I like to mix my food.

Sounds much like me. I'll happily combine my meat, potatoes and peas together and gobble it down.