Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ElGato127
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2020, 6:05 pm

I was curious if anybody else on here has this problem:

For as long as I can remember, I have been intensely bothered by the feeling of exhaled breath on my skin. Anywhere on my skin, anybody's breath (mine included), it's all really irritating. The feeling of exhaled breath on my skin just makes my skin crawl. I sleep in odd positions to keep from accidentally breathing on myself.

I think it has something to do with humidity, since temperature changes are fine for me and wind doesn't bother me at all.

I haven't even been able to find anybody else with this issue using a google search. Curious if anybody else here has even heard of such a thing.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 6:11 pm

Yes this bothers me as well. I don't like the feeling of sudden moist air, particularly when it's warm.

ElGato127
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2020, 6:15 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
Yes this bothers me as well. I don't like the feeling of sudden moist air, particularly when it's warm.

Nice to finally meet someone else who understands this.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 7:10 pm

Nice to make your acquaintance ElGato :)
I like your username, it brings to mind a song I knew as a kid.

ElGato127
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2020, 11:54 am

I have to ask, is Corntopia a nickname for Cornwall?

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 12:28 pm

No it's just my way of saying I'm surrounded by corn fields in a dystopian land :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:55 pm

Oh my God, I can relate! I have to lay in a position in bed where I can't feel my own breath on my arm or hand, which is why it's difficult to sleep on summer nights. Sharing a bed with a man who breathes heavily in his sleep makes it worse if he's facing my way, as I get like a draught (pronounced "draft") of air in my face.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2020, 7:21 pm

ElGato127 wrote:

For as long as I can remember, I have been intensely bothered by the feeling of exhaled breath on my skin. Anywhere on my skin, anybody's breath (mine included), it's all really irritating. The feeling of exhaled breath on my skin just makes my skin crawl. I sleep in odd positions to keep from accidentally breathing on myself.

I think it has something to do with humidity, since temperature changes are fine for me and wind doesn't bother me at all.

I haven't even been able to find anybody else with this issue using a google search. Curious if anybody else here has even heard of such a thing.

I don't like the feeling of any air blowing on me.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2020, 7:31 pm

"Breathing down my neck" as in "stop breathing down my neck" is an old saying to express discomfort.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 9:35 pm

Hmmmm I can't say I personally experience this issue. However it does bring to mind the fact that.. you know when the heater is on when you're driving/sitting in the car? Well I kinda struggle to breathe a lil. It's not massively bad but my breathing gets a bit hesitant when the heater is blasting air .. guess that's quirky.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 1:11 am

ElGato127 wrote:

I hate that sensation as well. Always have, even as a little kid. I cannot tolerate being breathed on.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 1:12 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
Nice to make your acquaintance ElGato :)
I like your username, it brings to mind a song I knew as a kid.
I loved that song when I was little!! !

Wreck It Ralph

ElGato127
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2020, 12:25 pm

skibum wrote:
ElGato127 wrote:

I hate that sensation as well. Always have, even as a little kid. I cannot tolerate being breathed on.

I'm curious whether that makes it more difficult to wear a mask. I know it does in my case.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 1:03 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
"Breathing down my neck" as in "stop breathing down my neck" is an old saying to express discomfort.

Isn't that the discomfort of overly close scrutiny?

To OP, I don't like people's warm, moist breathe on me.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

purplecloud
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2020, 5:53 pm

Yes!! ! I always hated this. For example, as a child when I played computer games with my best friend and it was my turn to use the mouse and keyboard, I had to put stuff over my arms/hands because I couldn't stand feeling her breath on my skin.

I feel a need to like rub my skin when it happens to like "remove" the sensation lol

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm

I've always hated that sensation. I never liked people breathing on my skin.