i am afraid of drugs in fear of losing my world.. are you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 4:16 pm

people always think I'm on drugs, or that I'm high but i want to stay pure in my world. i want to feel this way as much as it causes pain for me, i like being in my own place. weed and adderall didn't effect me or make me more creative, it made me kind of slow and dumb..

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:48 pm

campboy92 wrote:
people always think I'm on drugs, or that I'm high but i want to stay pure in my world. i want to feel this way as much as it causes pain for me, i like being in my own place. weed and adderall didn't effect me or make me more creative, it made me kind of slow and dumb..

Not really afraid of drugs per say, more curious about them so have indulged in various things. But to each their own if you don't get anything out of taking any then there is really no reason to. I have tried various things on my own, and enjoyed the majority of that...I have also been prescribed psych meds for various mental disorders and have had some nasty experiences with some of those, though I find valium and trazodone helpful for their purposes.

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
campboy92 wrote:

Not really afraid of drugs per say, more curious about them so have indulged in various things. But to each their own if you don't get anything out of taking any then there is really no reason to. I have tried various things on my own, and enjoyed the majority of that...I have also been prescribed psych meds for various mental disorders and have had some nasty experiences with some of those, though I find valium and trazodone helpful for their purposes.

Are NT's effected by drugs differently?

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2014, 5:05 pm

campboy92 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
campboy92 wrote:

Ritalin for improving executive functions is much more effective with people with ADHD than NTs so I've read.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

campboy92 wrote:

In some ways I imagine, but technically everyone has slightly different brain chemistry so drugs effect everyone somewhat differently. Though most have basic effects that are similar among most people, and they don't always effect people with autism too differently, it really depends on a lot of factors.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

I'm generally not afraid of them. I just don't care for them.

I am afraid of having bad reactions to drugs (like the one time I took a single dose of Ultram and felt so weirded out I believed I was dying).

I would be very afraid, if I had to be hospitalized for any reason and needed pain medication. Very afraid of what they might give me and how it might make me feel.

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm

i don't think it's good to think of it as being 'pure' vs not being 'pure'. although it's a hard thing to not think, i still think like that sometimes. but ultimately the right medication doesn't make it all go away, it should just make it more manageable so that it doesn't overwhelm you. side effects is probably the biggest thing right, because they can make you feel sluggish or numb or something.

i don't know. i think it's possible ,though it might take a long time, to find the right dosage of medication where it helps you and where the side effects are not great.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
campboy92 wrote:

In some ways I imagine, but technically everyone has slightly different brain chemistry so drugs effect everyone somewhat differently. Though most have basic effects that are similar among most people, and they don't always effect people with autism too differently, it really depends on a lot of factors.

Yes, this.
Same can be applied to medicaments here. I once got a "supposedly mostly harmless med", of course I got the worst side effects listed and was rendered useless for a month. This was not the first such case, I generally tend to accept "mainstream medicaments" much less.

Due to this, I don't care for drugs at all, I wouldn't want to know how I would react to them if I already react like that to many medicaments. Of course I do realize that there are a fair share of differences to drugs, but apparently there's something different in me and that's why I don't feel like doing that. It's not worth for me to experiment with something like that, especially if some have the risk of addiction - and I prefer my sober self and sober sanity.
I had a narcosis (more than once actually) and that feeling was admittedly funny and weird, but honestly, even though that's not really a drug like those that you probably mean in this topic, it was not really my cup of tea, I considered it a waste of time to be in that odd state even. Other than that I'm afraid of drugs for the reason of losing motivation, losing my personality the way it is now (in the way of being someone different when high) and not achieving anything I planned to achieve.
To name an example: A bit too much of alcohol and I'm already way too talkative, it just takes me one glass of champaign there, I consider that a bit scary, so I just prefer to avoid that kind of stuff and when there's a special event like new years, it's just a small sip of champaign if there are no alternatives (just for the etiquette of the celebration), not more though. But I prefer to drink something non-alcoholic, like rubby bubble. I actually like that one a lot even though it is a carbonated drink (and I'm not really a fan of that feeling)! ;)

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 8:05 pm

Sylvastor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
campboy92 wrote:

Yes, this.
Same can be applied to medicaments here. I once got a "supposedly mostly harmless med", of course I got the worst side effects listed and was rendered useless for a month. This was not the first such case, I generally tend to accept "mainstream medicaments" much less.

Due to this, I don't care for drugs at all, I wouldn't want to know how I would react to them if I already react like that to many medicaments. Of course I do realize that there are a fair share of differences to drugs, but apparently there's something different in me and that's why I don't feel like doing that. It's not worth for me to experiment with something like that, especially if some have the risk of addiction - and I prefer my sober self and sober sanity.
I had a narcosis (more than once actually) and that feeling was admittedly funny and weird, but honestly, even though that's not really a drug like those that you probably mean in this topic, it was not really my cup of tea, I considered it a waste of time to be in that odd state even. Other than that I'm afraid of drugs for the reason of losing motivation, losing my personality the way it is now (in the way of being someone different when high) and not achieving anything I planned to achieve.
To name an example: A bit too much of alcohol and I'm already way too talkative, it just takes me one glass of champaign there, I consider that a bit scary, so I just prefer to avoid that kind of stuff and when there's a special event like new years, it's just a small sip of champaign if there are no alternatives (just for the etiquette of the celebration), not more though. But I prefer to drink something non-alcoholic, like rubby bubble. I actually like that one a lot even though it is a carbonated drink (and I'm not really a fan of that feeling)! ;)

YES!!

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

The first time I smoked dope I thought my heart would literally burst out of my chest and really badly wanted to go to the hospital, but thankfully it passed.

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 11:00 pm

Matthaeus wrote:
The first time I smoked dope I thought my heart would literally burst out of my chest and really badly wanted to go to the hospital, but thankfully it passed.

Do you still do it?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

I am very afraid.

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

olympiadis wrote:
I am very afraid.

WE ARE ALIKE

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 1:46 am

I was on Adderall. I hate it though, it was making me feel horribly agitated and I was getting overwhelmed very easily, so I stopped taking it. It sometimes helped but it was definitely not worth it.

So I don't really have a fear of drugs, but I definitely don't like them, especially since taking Adderall.

- Sherlock Holmes

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Nov 2014, 1:49 am

L_Holmes wrote:
I was on Adderall. I hate it though, it was making me feel horribly agitated and I was getting overwhelmed very easily, so I stopped taking it. It sometimes helped but it was definitely not worth it.

So I don't really have a fear of drugs, but I definitely don't like them, especially since taking Adderall.

its awful

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:42 am

Losing my world would be the whole point of taking drugs.