EzraS wrote:
Also I miss the custom user titles.

That will be added back.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm

quaker wrote:
I miss the opening page. It was really comforting to have all the new posts outlined on the first page, rather than have to sift through the sight to get to the latest autism related posts.

I liked that as well. I did often wish that it had something to identify on which forum the post was found. Also that the list was longer.

On the other hand, I like the new "Active Discussions" as well. It would be nice to have both.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 2:30 am

Apart from the eye-blinding colour I quite like it. If they change the colours back to the green and blue, that'd be good.

The other thing I noticed is the little bit of text above your avatar just says Veteran now and there's nowhere to change it now (if you've got more than 1,000 posts that is).

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 2:32 am

I am still getting used to it. I have made some boo boos on here due to the layout and color and I find you can't edit your posts. But I also like it because of the new features. The site still goes offline for me sometimes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 7:00 am

I very much miss the alternation between green and blue backgrounds for the posts,

Please could we have somewhere an easy to find part of the site which changes the colour scheme to one of several to make it something we can choose.

Also I strongly miss the list of threads which were recently started on the main page which used to exist in the old version.

Also I have not had a PM yet, the old system of a nice warm orange / yellow message at the top right was perfect. I want to make sure that the message that you have mail is equally eye catching.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 3:28 pm

quaker wrote:
I miss the opening page. It was really comforting to have all the new posts outlined on the first page, rather than have to sift through the sight to get to the latest autism related posts.

I miss that too!

I don't understand why people are complaining about the colors — isn't nearly every website made on a blinding white background? How do they deal with the rest of the Internet?

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

tall-p wrote:
There is so much space between sections. When I open this page this is what I see. I have to scroll to the next page to read what has been written by the OP.Image

I made some tweaks in an attempt to reduce the vertical space used (link in my signature) - see if that helps you.

Woodpecker, you'll also get back the blue/green alternating background by installing my style hack. ;)

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 12:50 am

It's okay but not loading on my iPhone properly. It freezes up Safari and I cannot click on any of the links to view a post.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 5:57 am

The threads need a button to take you to the first unread post. It's hard to figure out where you last left off on threads you've read before without it. :(

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm

starkid wrote:
I don't understand why people are complaining about the colors — isn't nearly every website made on a blinding white background? How do they deal with the rest of the Internet?

Doesn't the fact that this website is supposed to 'get it' make the use of awful bright colours all the more annoying?

It does to me. They are the worst mix for people with dyslexia too. It's a shame, I used to enjoy coming on here, but will limit my access whilst it is blinding and headache inducing.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

Lots of websites have white backgrounds and white colors, but I don't spend as much time on those as I do here. And most of them also have different formatting with borders or contrasting colors that help break up the space, and less space overall in between words/posts.

The bright, pale blue bothers me more than the white.

I prefer to read white text on a dark background so I often highlight text with my mouse as I read it to reverse the contrast. That also helps me to read the words continuously rather than skipping around.

It's hard to believe that these colors were implemented with advance knowledge that people complained and didn't want this. Harder still to believe that even as more and more people speak up about it, it goes unacknowledged and no one is doing anything about it.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:29 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
The threads need a button to take you to the first unread post. It's hard to figure out where you last left off on threads you've read before without it. :(

The http://www.manxforums.com/forums/ does this in a way that works quite well.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm

My philosophy on any website change: as long as I can get around it, I have no qualms.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:53 pm

Davvo7 wrote:
It does to me. They are the worst mix for people with dyslexia too. It's a shame, I used to enjoy coming on here, but will limit my access whilst it is blinding and headache inducing.

I hope you will not do that. I don't know which platform you are on, but Firefox (available for Mac, PC, and Linux) has several add-ons that allow you to control the colors of webpages.

With Google Chrome, you can download and install a dark theme or the High Contrast plug-in.

You can also alter the brightness of your monitor.

Someone created a plug-in called Flux that makes pages a non-bright orangish color, and made a thread about it on WP.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
My philosophy on any website change: as long as I can get around it, I have no qualms.

I've seen plenty of website changes that make the website nearly useless.

For example, the latest version of http://www.weather.com makes the site nearly useless. It takes forever to load. Perhaps they assume that everyone always has the latest and greatest computer. Also, far too many websites require you to run Windoze to get much use out of the site.