Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 7:23 am

I took the Blogthings test about how boyish or girlish one is. I also found a thread of having a male mind in a female body in the women's forum.

But I find a deeper alienation: I find that I truly feel like I am only partially human. That is to say that I feel this "I M on the wrong planet" thing deeply.

Anyone else here feel a part of a different sub species?

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 7:36 am

I have! I guess MOST aspies have! After all, take a look at the name of this forum! Was alex saying that he felt he was born on the "wrong planet"? Many here think so, and feel the same way!

Steve

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 7:38 am

Sub species doesn't even really cut it for me. Being around people makes me feel like I'm from a different dimension. Or like my consciousness has been shifted a degree off from what it should have been prenatally and has just been plowing it's own way through somewhere ever since.

Do you ever feel like you're the only person who exists?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 8:20 am

maldoror wrote:
Sub species doesn't even really cut it for me. Being around people makes me feel like I'm from a different dimension. Or like my consciousness has been shifted a degree off from what it should have been prenatally and has just been plowing it's own way through somewhere ever since.

Do you ever feel like you're the only person who exists?

HECK yeah! Who knew that most of the quirks, bad and GOOD, are ASPIE!

Steve

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 8:31 am

I just feel like a completely different species, not a subspecies. I've felt that way my entire life and I've only known about AS for six months. I definitely knew when I saw a forum called Wrong Planet that it had to be for someone like me. What I do find is that I feel like a sub-species of our species. I still feel like I'm a different species from women, even Aspie women. Guess that is something that will always be the case.

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:25 am

some1 posted a thing a while back about autism/aspersion's being tied to Neanderthals and Homosapions mating. saying the things species uses to communicate with eachother, body language and such, are specific to their species. so a dog cant read a cats body language.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 10:05 am

I feel like an observer mostly, forever on the outside, looking into a world I cannot be a part of nor understand. I will often be walking along the high street here and have this totally odd feeling of separateness and alienness... totally feel removed from everyone else. It is a strange feeling, but I am used to it now.

asperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 1:36 pm

I first heard of Asperger's toward the mid-nineties; but I didn't fully accept that this was in all likelihood the reason behind all of my differences from everyone else until about a couple of years ago.

Up until then: I was thinking more in terms of myself being a whole other form of man from those around me; I saw (and still do see) people who are rougher-looking than me (I do not have the same rough, grizzled look of an average man of my age) when I gazed upon them, and who were just far more basic than myself in most ways.

I saw them as a simple people, with simple needs; while I was hugely complex.

I believed the latter to be the fundamental reason why I had so many problems with their world: it was made for them by them.

I believe it's significant that I was thinking in such terms even when I thought myself to be wholly unique; it would seem to lend weight to the truth of this idea, even though I'm not really unique at all (if the number of members here is any indication).

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 2:00 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I feel like an observer mostly, forever on the outside, looking into a world I cannot be a part of nor understand. I will often be walking along the high street here and have this totally odd feeling of separateness and alienness... totally feel removed from everyone else. It is a strange feeling, but I am used to it now.

Ditto to the above.
I remember when I was first reading books by existential writers,I think particularly Caumus,and thinking...I am not the only one who feels like this.

I also started having a belief around the age of 6,that I was an alien who was placed on the earth to observe the species,read their books,store the knowledge and would eventually have the information "unloaded" by my species when they returned to get me.....so,I waited,and waited and waited.Around the age of 20,I decided that they couldnt come get me and I was supposed to kill this physical body(which I never felt very attached to)so that my real self could be free and THEN would be able to be transported back to my planet........and no,I am not really schizophrenic.It was just my way of trying to make sense of a world I found bizarre and beyond my understanding.I still think most of this planets human inhabitants are insane and havent been dissuaded from this belief the more time I live in the insane asylum.It still seems more like an "asylum" to the insane and poorly suited to those who can see the insanity on this "ship of fools".

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2007, 2:38 pm

Hi, I just now found this forum via Wikipedia's article on asperger's. I've always known I landed on the wrong planet in some drastic mistake and I too have had a sense of waiting for some kind soul to pluck me out of here. When that didn't happen I learned about graduating from this hell by raising one's vibration and consciously uniting to God -- yoga. Still stuck here, quite impatient to get out, still meditating and finding great inner joy. Meanwhile, the outter world becomes more and more alien and scary. I am so fortunate I am now in a position where I don't have to interact to survive. What an experience to find this forum!

I've been a very kind, loving, empathetic, generous, accomplishing, giving soul for 47 years now, but I've finally come to the point of bafflement, weariness and disgust, and just want to be alone and be happy, which I have no trouble doing.

Hail fellow aliens :-)

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 3:00 pm

The reason that I used the term sub species is that I think we can breed with the mundanes. That rules out our being a different species.

I am not alone on the wrong planet.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 3:44 pm

Lets see. I've no hair (Alopecia) and I'm suspected aspie. Cant get more alien then that, right? :P

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 3:49 pm

Corvus wrote:
Lets see. I've no hair (Alopecia) and I'm suspected aspie. Cant get more alien then that, right? :P

Sure can...try almost no hair with just one sort of lump on top, a knitted tea cosy with knitted bees attached, bright yellow jacket... and sometimes marigold gloves or wellington boots. Yep, I see an aspie everyday who at times dresses that way and he is in his 40s.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 8:04 pm

I have often said... what's the piont to existing ... ther is non

... now I know why I have always thought that....I'm on th wrong planet.... but WP now seems tobe my planet.

Lazenca_x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2007, 1:37 pm

I have to agree with the whole su species way of looking at things. I even came up with a term to descibe ordinary people- I call them "Normies" ....well because they are normal but I kinda tend to think that it may be a derogatory term :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2007, 1:59 pm

i think thats called depersonalization disorder dude