Are you clumsy? A klutz? A little uncoordinated?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 6:02 pm

I'm extremely uncoordinated, award and clumsy. To the point where it's a disability. I have to be helped with a lot of stuff because of it. Someone needs to be close by me walking places because I fall down easily. If we are at a place that requires hours of walking like Disneyland, they just put me in a wheelchair which is great actually. And I'm always crashing into things and knocking things over.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 6:07 pm

I'm one who is always crashing into glass stationary doors and revolving doors--much to the amusement of many. My nose is not amused, though!

Aspergirl14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm

I'm at least a little clumsy. I'm always banging into doors and tables, and like others hopeless at sports, I can never catch things thrown to me. I'm also very poor at judging distances.

BlueYellowBrownGreen
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2014, 8:09 pm

I can be a klutz. I will reach for something and will bump my hand. I used to bump my elbows into everything. It is frustrating and I've learned to slow down.

I also walk with a bit of an odd gait but it is better if I am holding something like a bag when I walk. It is not as bad as it used to be; people would tell me that I walked funny and I didn't know what they were talking about. But looking in the mirror and focusing on my posture has helped-just being aware. What comes naturally to some, doesn't come naturally to me.

For the longest time, I couldn't catch a baseball or hit the ball. It was just an impossibility but I've learned how.

But when it comes to dancing, I move with grace. The music brings out my coordination. I wonder if anyone else finds that it is easier to dance than to walk?

Accepting one's self is important. Everyone is odd in one way or another. I used to feel self-conscious instead of embracing my uniqueness. As Popeye the sailor man says, "I am what I am". If you haven't seen this old cartoon, look it up; it's pretty funny. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:11 pm

I. cannot. dance. to. save. my. life

But I could certainly make people laugh with my boogieing!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

I feel right at home here. I can walk into walls, hit my shoulder with the wall & when I was living on my own, when I went walking & cross the street, I can have a little problem stopping my feet & if I'm a little in the street, ppl can horn their horns at me.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:17 pm

BlueYellowBrownGreen wrote:
I can be a klutz. I will reach for something and will bump my hand. I used to bump my elbows into everything. It is frustrating and I've learned to slow down.

I also walk with a bit of an odd gait but it is better if I am holding something like a bag when I walk. It is not as bad as it used to be; people would tell me that I walked funny and I didn't know what they were talking about. But looking in the mirror and focusing on my posture has helped-just being aware. What comes naturally to some, doesn't come naturally to me.

For the longest time, I couldn't catch a baseball or hit the ball. It was just an impossibility but I've learned how.

But when it comes to dancing, I move with grace. The music brings out my coordination. I wonder if anyone else finds that it is easier to dance than to walk?

Accepting one's self is important. Everyone is odd in one way or another. I used to feel self-conscious instead of embracing my uniqueness. As Popeye the sailor man says, "I am what I am". If you haven't seen this old cartoon, look it up; it's pretty funny. :D

It took me 2 decades to accept who I am, I'm 44 now. I wish my sister can accept me, she can be hard on me, she knows I have Cerebral Palsy & Asperger, but she thinks nothing is wrong with me that is how she is acting.
In junior high school, I play baseball/softball for P.E. & I was good at it, I could catch a ball & hit it, I hit a home run too.

I Love to dance, my body can move to the music. I was in dance class in high school, back then my mom owe a preschool, I took dance classes from a dance instructor, who dances in movies. I was in a dance program for the disabled & the dancing aids teachers were non-disabled, I danced on stage (I forgot how many times) I also was on TV. I was sooooo happy back then, I was a part of something, they needed me, they counted on me to be at rehearsals although I was too tired to go but I went anyway, the show have to go on. I practice dancing at home too, I became a choreography too. I love watching dance movies & watch the 80s TV show Frame, I learn more dancing from TV. I Love to sing too, singing & dancing makes me very happy, I can get lost in the music.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

ICollectWatches wrote:
Shadi2 wrote:
sometimes when I grab something in the refrigerator, on one of the lower shelves, I often hit my head under the freezer part

I also learned to never ever, under any circumstances, leave one of the upper cabinet doors open, even for a moment, because I'm bound to bang my head into the corner of it. It's a wonder none of these incidences resulted in a hospital visit before I learned this lesson.

lol same here, and it hurts!

Ohdannyboy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Dec 2014, 11:44 pm

I'm very clumsy, I was always getting scrapes and bruises as a kid
I cannot catch anything tossed at me :\

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2014, 9:27 am

Yes I'm a definite klutz I'm always bumping into stuff,can't catch a ball to save my life and always have at least one or two bruises on me so yeah pretty clumsy.