Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 23 of 34 [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

I play in a band.

In dutch band can mean a musicband, and it can also mean a car-tyre.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 3:30 pm

Erewhon wrote:
I play in a band.

In dutch band can mean a musicband, and it can also mean a car-tyre.

How is anyone going to translate this on this side of the atlantic,
If you dont write in americaneses. Tyre = tire ......
In murica , its a tire .. :)

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 12:35 am

i'm always lost in meta-thought;
and i always lust to have met a th*t

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 9:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Its not the thought that carrys you off,its the meta thought that control the robot that carries you off

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 1:51 pm

Jakki wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Its not the thought that carrys you off,its the meta thought that control the robot that carries you off

She'd have to be a big th*t to carry me off.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 4:44 pm

Nieprosek - Polish neologism from first three letters of the words in phrase "nieład prokreacyjno-seksualny" (procreative and sexual disarray, untidiness, clutter (something ugly, destroying harmony of creation)).

Nyaer - a cat. Word comes from Japanese word "nya" ("meow").

Mruczydełko - dimunitive of mruczydło which is somewhat humorous Polish word which means a cat.

Chodź, ciciusia, chodź - Polish phrase used to call a cat which contains second person singular verb from "chodzić" ("to walk", "to go") which occurs two times and affectionate word for a cat. I remember that or similar phrase being used by my grandmother to call a cat.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm

nca14 wrote:
Nieprosek - Polish neologism from first three letters of the words in phrase "nieład prokreacyjno-seksualny" (procreative and sexual disarray, untidiness, clutter (something ugly, destroying harmony of creation)).

Nyaer - a cat. Word comes from Japanese word "nya" ("meow").

Mruczydełko - dimunitive of mruczydło which is somewhat humorous Polish word which means a cat.

Chodź, ciciusia, chodź - Polish phrase used to call a cat which contains second person singular verb from "chodzić" ("to walk", "to go") which occurs two times and affectionate word for a cat. I remember that or similar phrase being used by my grandmother to call a cat.

My life has a word that defines it finally ... Nieprosek
Only the Polish would have known that.... :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 10:48 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Opps my quote was incorrect , " Its not the thoughts that carry you off ..! Its the coffin they carry you off in ."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 1:32 am

Jakki wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Opps my quote was incorrect , " Its not the thoughts that carry you off ..! Its the coffin they carry you off in ."

th*t = that ho over there, so being carried away by a th*t is much more physically involved than being carried away by a thought.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 9:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

th*t = that ho over there, so being carried away by a th*t is much more physically involved than being carried away by a thought.

Not grok a th*t !

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 4:18 pm

Etetoranst - word formed from some letters of phrase "eternal torment Angst" or "eternal torture Angst".
Etetoranx - word formed by three first letters of the words in the phrase "eternal torment anxiety" or "eternal torture anxiety".
Etedamanx - word formed by three first letters in words forming phrase "eternal damnation anxiety".
Etedamanst - word formed from some letters of phrase "eternal damnation Angst".
Annianxi - word formed by four first letters in words "annihilation" and "anxiety".

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 11:22 pm

nca14 wrote:
Etetoranst - word formed from some letters of phrase "eternal torment Angst" or "eternal torture Angst".
Etetoranx - word formed by three first letters of the words in the phrase "eternal torment anxiety" or "eternal torture anxiety".
Etedamanx - word formed by three first letters in words forming phrase "eternal damnation anxiety".
Etedamanst - word formed from some letters of phrase "eternal damnation Angst".
Annianxi - word formed by four first letters in words "annihilation" and "anxiety".

All sound pretty much terminal to me.yikes

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 1:56 am

Louis Cyphere is not Frank Grimes.
I mean, Louis Cyphere is Knot, Frank Grimes.

Louis Cyphere, Frank Grimes and Knot are all aliases I've made music under.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 1:18 pm

Last morning i did lay in bed, i am often lay in bed in the early mornings.
But this morning I was dabbing a bit between the flannel sheets that the dislextic writing is not that bad at all. With the dislextic writing, I am going to link the alphabet fully automatically to unexplored ways of thinking, a sort of a astray route. A walking path which is not really a walking path, but gradually your own walking path arises. You just have to cross a bridge, but then a world opens up for you.

Sleep well in your alphabed :)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 2:21 pm

Alphabed - good pun!

Retazzoso - word formed by linking of words in phrase "reta z zoso" which comes from "ręta z zósó", which is gross misspelling of Polish phrase "Renta z ZUS-u" ("pension from ZUS (Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych - Social Insurance Institution)"). Another variant of the pun might be rentazzoso.

Płydź - my Polish neologism with the same meaning as English word "filth".

Irat - lizard. Polish (quite augmentative) word for lizard is "jaszczur" and in Polish "ja" means "I" and "szczur" means "rat". Lizard is usually called "jaszczurka" in Polish, so the word "iratka" may be formed.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 3:08 pm

Timeless humor - humor repeated again, and again, and.........for the first time! Encore?