Which Field of Entertainment do you NOT get?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which field of entertainment do you NOT get? find boring!
Movies & Televison 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Theater & Opera 11%  11%  [ 14 ]
Music & Concerts 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Video Games 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Magic: The Gathering 10%  10%  [ 13 ]
Sports & pro Wrestling 62%  62%  [ 83 ]
Standup Comedy 8%  8%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 133

pascalflower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm

This is not about your favorite means of wasting time, but rather the opposite. Which field of entertainment that you find bizarre, like there's nothing entertaining about it at all.

Which Field of Entertainment do you NOT get?

For me, that would be Video Games and "Magic: The Gathering." Because I'm the quiet type, many people think I'm the video game playing type. But I find nothing entertaining about video games. I find them to be the same thing over and over again, worthy of 10 minutes of diversion but overall pretty boring.

Is there a way to have this poll be multiple choices? I think some people may have more than one choice to choose.

Last edited by pascalflower on 24 Apr 2011, 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:24 pm

There are a couple on the list that I could pick, but I chose sports/wrestling. I just can't stand to watch either. Sooo boring!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm

I don't like football and most team sports, especially if they are on television. I don't like golf and cannot see how that can be appealing.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:43 pm

The whole list for me but mostly music and concerts. I can understand liking certain songs but I can't understand being obsessed with the actual band of attending their concerts for some reason.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:51 pm

Celebrity gossip. I have no idea why people think celebrities' issues are just as important as people they really know. Celebrities encourage the gossip, though, because it gives them publicity and makes them money.

If anyone wants to know what I mean, witness the run-up to the British Royal Wedding.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:51 pm

Sports. I've never understood the appeal of watching a bunch of sweaty people running around after a ball.

pascalflower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2011, 11:53 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
The whole list for me but mostly music and concerts. I can understand liking certain songs but I can't understand being obsessed with the actual band of attending their concerts for some reason.

Yeah, I should have separated music and place concerts by itself. I like music, but I don't care for the artist, or going to a concert, or weddings, or such things.

pascalflower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

lotuspuppy wrote:
Celebrity gossip. I have no idea why people think celebrities' issues are just as important as people they really know. Celebrities encourage the gossip, though, because it gives them publicity and makes them money.

If anyone wants to know what I mean, witness the run-up to the British Royal Wedding.

For some people, it's like gossiping is a sport which they constantly try to outdo each other at. I fail to see the point in gossiping. Most of it is made up, and the rest, is what everyone does.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2011, 12:05 am

I generally detest how much space, money and time is given to sports in ... well in just about every aspect of life that isn't sports. I don't hate sports as such, some of them I even enjoy watching. I just hate how they're practically forced down your throat and it's always the same games.

But of course I know some in other sports hate the ones in the popular sports. Like how the national fencing team can't get their winning fights airtime while they're kicking ass on an international tournament. While our soccer team that scores in the bottom 30% like clockwork gets every damn game shown - gets to bump all other coverage - and still continue to lose 0 to 6+ almost every time. Maybe if they started making media coverage given to sports dependent on actual success I'd be less hostile towards them. I'd never have to see our national soccer team on ever again. But y'know, never seen a sports coverage of any type bumped for, say a live showing from an art festival. Sports don't get bumped. Even if it's a regional game of curling, it's still more important than anything short of disaster or war.

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2011, 12:18 am

KBerg wrote:
I generally detest how much space, money and time is given to sports in ... well in just about every aspect of life that isn't sports. I don't hate sports as such, some of them I even enjoy watching. I just hate how they're practically forced down your throat and it's always the same games.

But of course I know some in other sports hate the ones in the popular sports. Like how the national fencing team can't get their winning fights airtime while they're kicking ass on an international tournament. While our soccer team that scores in the bottom 30% like clockwork gets every damn game shown - gets to bump all other coverage - and still continue to lose 0 to 6+ almost every time. Maybe if they started making media coverage given to sports dependent on actual success I'd be less hostile towards them. I'd never have to see our national soccer team on ever again. But y'know, never seen a sports coverage of any type bumped for, say a live showing from an art festival. Sports don't get bumped. Even if it's a regional game of curling, it's still more important than anything short of disaster or war.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. It also bothers me the amount of public money that is given to sports (in Australia.) The government is considering slashing medical research funding, while the AIS (Australian Institute of Sports) can afford to spend lavishly on athletes?

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 12:51 am

hmm.... actually there isn't anything on your list that I dislike.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

25 Apr 2011, 1:58 am

I don't really like sports at all. I went through a period where I tried to like them (that they were games and games are my special interest meant that was inevitable) but it didn't stick.

I did vote for sports and pro wrestling, but I actually find I get pro wrestling. I think these two things are practically in different worlds as far as categorizing them.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:07 am

There are a few movies and television shows that I do enjoy, but not many. Likewise, there are many video games that I do not understand why they are found to be appealing, but there are a handful of games that I'm obsessed with. Same with music. Just about everything else I dislike quite a bit.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:12 am

There's nothing in your list that I don't get at all, but there are subsets of all them that I don't appreciate.

I like some sports, but not others, and the sports that I like are not necessarily the most popular ones. I do think that far too much money is devoted to sports and pro athletes. Frankly, I find little appeal in pro sports at all.

I like a few comedians, but most of them bore me.

I like some TV and movies, in fact I obsess about some, but most of it just has no appeal for me.

I obsess about some video games, and others I will play once or twice and then forget about.

I like some music and dislike other music. I don't see the appeal of live music over recorded music.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:22 am

I voted sports.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 3:14 am

Theater & Opera
Concerts
Sports & pro Wrestling

All of the above and to some degree Standup Comedy (there are some exceptions though)

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I can understand liking certain songs but I can't understand being obsessed with the actual band of attending their concerts for some reason.

same for me
at times there are songs I just 'have to' play over and over, but I take no interest in the band/singer.

Gossip (local or celebrity makes no diff) and fashion are other things I don't get at all.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765