Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Brock
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

Can we just stop for a second and say thank you to Abed from Community for making autism cool again? Or rather, cool for the first time.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 12:44 am

Does not compute.

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2014, 8:05 pm

I don't think of them as regular people sometimes when it comes to media exposure. They spend a lot of time in the spotlight presenting themselves to the world through gossip newspapers and other media as flaw less gods to look up to. There's too much information on what the celebrity is doing on the weekends or other personal stuff I don't need to know, in other words infotainment outlets we have today, more gossip and rumours than ever before. I don't like most celebrities. They don't always have good influence on the world as we hear or watch too many personal stories about them and can be hypocritical when it comes to what they say or do.

JLO for example, says things just to boost her publicity or her career when she talks about her roots. She came from the Bronx and claims her identity as Jenny from the Block but never bother to help out her neighbourhood because she's so preoccupied with her image and celebrity status in Hollywood. When she did her homecoming concert she didn't look like she's happy to stay over her neighbourhood, despite what she said and ended up renting an apartment in Manhattan. It wasn't even a homecoming. I was a former fan of her and never thought of Lopez as a role model for Latinos because she can sing in Spanish but can't even speak it and because she's so famous for her body and nothing else. I don't think of her as being talented in singing and acting; her movies suck and so are her recent albums.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 1:27 am

Brock wrote:
Can we just stop for a second and say thank you to Abed from Community for making autism cool again? Or rather, cool for the first time.

Who is Abed?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 1:30 am

slave wrote:
Brock wrote:

Who is Abed?

A character from Community with Aspergers.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:15 am

Ganondox wrote:
slave wrote:
Brock wrote:

Who is Abed?

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
slave wrote:
Brock wrote:

Who is Abed?

I've never seen that show, but those clips are funny. However, it doesn't seem like he's Autistic to me. Is he stated to have Autism?