Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 1:25 pm

I have heard that some members are under the mistaken impression that Dunc has set up Wrongplanet.org as a competition site to Wrongplanet.net. I would like to clear up any confusion regarding this issue. Wrongplanet.org was set up- at the request of Alex as a way of organising community project ideas. It is meant as a 'sister site' to WP.net, not as competition.

There were a few people who were interesting in organising community projects and this site as been set up to this purpose- so that those who were interested could get involved and those that weren't didn't need to read the posts (that would be redundant to them if they didn't want to get involved).

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 1:43 pm

Also- this will be my last post here- there is one issue that I just can't put up with anymore. I wish you all well and thanks for the support when I needed it.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 3:59 pm

Hi folks

Perhaps a look at this thread might explain my reasoning for the site - I registered wrongplanet.org in January at Alex's request, but was unsure what to do with it. I built the site in response to this thread as my contribution, and I hope some of you would like to join in.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... pic&t=1882

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 4:38 pm

Mel wrote:
Also- this will be my last post here- there is one issue that I just can't put up with anymore. I wish you all well and thanks for the support when I needed it.

oh, Mel, that's awful news. i'm so sorry you have to leave. i shall miss you. am always available on email...

love from me xx

alex
Developer
Developer

31 Mar 2005, 4:41 pm

Mel wrote:

If there is only one issue, why not just add it to the bug report forums? If it is not too difficult to fix, I'll try my best to work to remedy the problem.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 6:25 pm

Mel why are you leaving :cry:

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 6:42 pm

Do you know what, I was suprised at how gut wrenching it was to read you are having an issue here. If it's anything I have said, then I am sorry. The kids love you. The adults, well personally I like the way you word things so well and how level headed you are. And how you always seem to keep your cool.
This is wierd because I had an arguement with a friend last night, and I could not give a dam* wether I see her again. But you have integrity Mel. I think that is what make me the saddest about you going.
:cry:
"If I ever leave this world alive
I tank ya for the things you did in my life"
Flogging Molly

DON'T LEAVE PLEASE

ElfMan

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 6:48 pm

I've got nothing new to add here, but... I hope you reconsider, Mel :(

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 6:56 pm

alex wrote:
Mel wrote:

If there is only one issue, why not just add it to the bug report forums? If it is not too difficult to fix, I'll try my best to work to remedy the problem.

Not that it's my place to speculate, but it sounds more like a people issue than a technical issue.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 7:01 pm

Oh God..... I'm going to be thinking it was my fault now.... :cry:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 8:24 pm

It's probably my fault, I usually upset internet people.

I don't think anyone should feel responsible as it's a persons own choice if they leave or not.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 12:03 am

X

Last edited by ElfMan on 09 Apr 2005, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 12:43 am

Mel, what wrong have we done? Please don't go away without a word. So many did in the past... :cry:

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 1:24 am

Alex is right ~ Whether it's a technical issue or a people issue we have no chance to put it right unless we know about it.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 5:13 am

Hi folks

On the subject of Mel leaving the site, she was feeling bad about it as she hasn't the time or often the energy to check the boards, get involved etc. That was the issue she was referring to in her post. She has now decided to stay with us, but has stepped down as a moderator. :)

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 5:16 am

I have spoken to members in the chat room and they have let me know it's all a bit confusing understanding what the sister site is about and what it's functions are, and why a seperate site anyway.

What is wrongplanet.org for?

.org is being contructed as a sister site to wp.net that will function as a Projects site to be more than basic about it.

The projects currently under discussion and which Dunc is in the process of setting up the utilities for are:_

An art Gallary to display your art. This has been set up.

Places to upload stories and poetry and the like.

Art, poetry and stories etc will be voted on and the high voted works will be put into books that will be published in real life to raise money for not just the running of the sites, but to put the money toward setting up Autism Societies etc and funding in the real world situations.

We can design flyers that we can put up on the site that every one will have access to print out if they wish to distribute and help raise awareness in their area.

There is plenty more currently under discussion as well.
Of course nothing can happen without YOUR help and your input and your hobby of art, music and literature.

If anyone is not sure about this still, please don't be shy to ask.

I hope I have helped clear things up a bit better, but there is so much more that I can not put into words...hopefully dunc re-opens .org and you can read in the project forum more and even add you ideas.

ElfMan

Last edited by ElfMan on 09 Apr 2005, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.