Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm

Depending on what type of tag, they might feel really itchy and can sometimes hurt.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 1:51 am

If they are touching my bare skin, they might as well be kitchen knifes.
Clothing tags are rigid and sharp, so they feel as though they are cutting deep into my neck.
i will indeed cut them off, or at least make sure there is something in between them and my skin (usually a t-shirt, which protects me from tags on sweaters and the like)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:44 am

They never bothered me that much and when they would, they feel scratchy and pokey. Now these days clothes are made tagless as if it's common to be bothered by them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2014, 2:55 am

Many types of clothes tags drive me insane....I hate them. I am pretty sensitive to clothes in general. I can only wear certain fabrics and am really fussy over styles and cuts. Nothing to do with fashion, it's purely a sensory things but it does make clothes shopping a nightmare. I would love to buy sensory friendly clothing but having very little money it's simply not an option.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

I don't know.. they just keep touching my neck or back.. or they are new and scratchy so they keep getting my attention because they poke or rake against my skin. I don't know if that made any sense. Generally when I am getting new clothing, I cut all the tags out of my clothes. However, if it is something that has been worn before (say, if I buy something from a resale shop), then I generally don't have a problem with it. Just depends.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 11:55 am

they're not painful. my sensory issues are rather mild. mostly i dont even feel them. but on occasion they scratch my skin, and then i cut them off.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 12:23 pm

Quote:
They vary from just being itchy to feeling like something is biting me.

Me too. That's why I went tagless as soon as it became an option.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 3:33 pm

They are itchy for me. You can't completely rip them out without ruining the shirt. Lots of shirts these days have engraved non-paper tags, which are better, but sometimes are still annoying.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

Some tags bother me but I don't think it's a huge issue. If it's bothering me, I just rip it out (which can actually make it worse if you don't rip it or properly).

My main issue is with the feel of certain materials. I can't wear anything scratchy like certain wools etc. Also, I can't stand tight, restrictive clothing. I always dress for comfort. NEVER FASHION!! !
I like loose, soft, smooth clothing.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.