Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

I pace back and forth. I hope my roommates don't hear me and think I'm a psycho. It helps me think and I often start doing it without realizing.

aradesh
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2015, 5:27 pm

Pretty sure I don't rock, no one has ever commented that I do. I sometimes shake myself when I'm having bad thoughts though. I used to do various things as a child and my mum would say "don't do that people will think there's something wrong with you" it could be that I have done it once and I stopped doing it.

I definitely pace! I pace while gesticulating wildly while having a full blown conversation with myself. Only when home-alone, though.

By the way what does Dx mean?

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm

aradesh wrote:

It's short for diagnosis

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jan 2015, 9:53 pm

I do not rock, except on the Hammond organ, lol.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

SadButRad wrote:
I pace back and forth. I hope my roommates don't hear me and think I'm a psycho. It helps me think and I often start doing it without realizing.

When I was in hospital for depression, I got an abscess under one of my molars and they wouldn't give me anything more than paracetamol (acetaminophen).

I passed the floor all night!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2015, 1:35 am

aradesh wrote:
Pretty sure I don't rock, no one has ever commented that I do. I sometimes shake myself when I'm having bad thoughts though. I used to do various things as a child and my mum would say "don't do that people will think there's something wrong with you" it could be that I have done it once and I stopped doing it.

I definitely pace! I pace while gesticulating wildly while having a full blown conversation with myself. Only when home-alone, though.

I have full blown conversations with myself too.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 5:17 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
SadButRad wrote:

When I was in hospital for depression, I got an abscess under one of my molars and they wouldn't give me anything more than paracetamol (acetaminophen).

That reminds me...when I have trouble sleeping, I sit up in bed, cross my legs and rock myself to sleep. Last time I was in hospital, I used this technique and fell forward instead of backwards. The nurse found me bent over, sleeping whilst doing a mini headstand. I was quite embarrassed. Don't know what the nurse made of it. Oh well, I was in there for mental health issues...I guess she's seen it all before.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 7:08 am

Raleigh wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
SadButRad wrote:

That reminds me...when I have trouble sleeping, I sit up in bed, cross my legs and rock myself to sleep. Last time I was in hospital, I used this technique and fell forward instead of backwards. The nurse found me bent over, sleeping whilst doing a mini headstand. I was quite embarrassed. Don't know what the nurse made of it. Oh well, I was in there for mental health issues...I guess she's seen it all before.

Yeah, after a while of living this life, you reach a point where you realise, we're all as clueless as each other as to why we're here or where we go when we depart!

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:

Yeah, after a while of living this life, you reach a point where you realise, we're all as clueless as each other as to why we're here or where we go when we depart!

I would rather depart sooner than later. I'm tired of living this life. Anywhere's gotta be better than here.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 3:14 pm

Raleigh wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:

I would rather depart sooner than later. I'm tired of living this life. Anywhere's gotta be better than here.

I often catch myself thinking this but.. Be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!

None of us truly know where we go and it might be a billion times worse than what we have here. That's part of the reason I'm not in that much of a hurry to depart this crapball of a planet. I don't mean that. I actually like the Earth. It's just that some of it's inhabitants are horrible, cold, cruel, heartless animals. It's a pity! They're really spoiling it for me! :(

I was rocking in front of my boss the other day when she and I had a meeting together. She knows what Aspies are and she knows I'm an Aspie. (In fact, she's intrigued by Asperger's Syndrome.) She didn't bat an eyelid. Although it was an emotional meeting (nice though) I feel comfortable with her. So I rocked. Sometimes, I'm not even aware that I'm doing it.

Coolguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2015, 3:30 pm

Yes, I rock. I am the best thing since sliced bread. I love myself, I am lord regent admiral alpha supreme king of my own personal universe, and no one can convince me otherwise. The perceptions of others are irrelevant. I know who I am, and I am awesome. I haven't failed at life. Life has failed to acknowledge me as it's universal center, and pivotal creation.

Wait, do you mean literally? Um, no. My sister did when she was young. She would rock back and forth on the couch, slamming her back into the cushions each time. We never figured out what was wrong with her though.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 3:52 pm

Coolguy wrote:
Yes, I rock. I am the best thing since sliced bread. I love myself, I am lord regent admiral alpha supreme king of my own personal universe, and no one can convince me otherwise. The perceptions of others are irrelevant. I know who I am, and I am awesome. I haven't failed at life. Life has failed to acknowledge me as it's universal center, and pivotal creation.

Wait, do you mean literally? Um, no. My sister did when she was young. She would rock back and forth on the couch, slamming her back into the cushions each time. We never figured out what was wrong with her though.

Whoa! Slow down their Chief!

I mean, it's great to have a healthy ego but don't you think "universal center"'s going a bit too far? You didn't even give your title capital letters. :)

Nah, just messing with you. I'm sleep deprived and I'm just hackin' on ya!

You are the Universal Center! :) Enjoy your omnipotence! :D

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm

Yes, I often rock very softly without knowing, - sometimes medium, out of the blue. It is just soothing.
As a kid, I called it "repetitive movement initiated by a leg". I rocked myself to sleep (full body movement) and I sometimes still do.

markitzero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm

The only time I do it is when I am at my computer waiting for something to load or download :)

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm

I paper, you're all covered

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Feb 2015, 6:37 pm

My grandson, now in his late teens, has rocked himself to sleep, and rocks in his sleep. It's one of the little endearing things I love about him. Sometimes when he was a child he would sing to himself and rock away at the same time, a lovely little character in a world that called him names that were awful all too often. But there was a lovely innocence about him as he rocked and sang himself to islands of comfort, though it made me sad too. Yet he enjoyed these moments.