Your Thoughts on Autism Alert Bracelets

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 2:09 pm

i don't know, it might be appropriate i don't know, a do have meltdowns in public sometimes (which is embarrassing) and it most of the time renders me unable to talk or at least not able to talk properly. so a bracelet like that would tell people whats happening i guess. i don't see the point in the card though, what are they going to do "what the hell? he looks like he's having some sort of fit, better go through his wallet". its not entirely my first thought in a crisis. although you know, i do have some medical conditions that a bracelet might be appropriate for, at least as proof, as i can't eat a lot of things, dumb as that is because i can't eat a lot of things due to it, but im also a fussy eater so theres stuff i can eat, but won't. haha i don't know, i know me, i know what to do so i guess its unnecessary

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 2:21 pm

I wish I had had a card to give to the kiosk lady in the mall yesterday who shouted at me to smile.
Then maybe she would think twice about harassing other people in that particular way.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I wish I had had a card to give to the kiosk lady in the mall yesterday who shouted at me to smile.
Then maybe she would think twice about harassing other people in that particular way.

why would a random stranger tell someone to smile? thats so weird

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

She tried to hand me a card or something as I walked past, and I said, "No thanks". I thought that was polite of me, as I could have just ignored her. I guess I didn't look friendly enough to her, though. She shouted a bunch of stuff after me about how I should smile. Literally shouted it.
The thing is, I was actually in a pretty good mood before she did that. Then she reminded me that I'm an angry-looking freak. Thanks, mall lady! Wouldn't want to forget for one afternoon or anything. :roll: