Germany is an Aspie "heaven" (not really. rant!)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

I was diagnosed with AS in my early 20s but the doc moved to a different city and I had to go to other doctors and all say it's schizophrenia.
Now i f-ing want to know what I have because I took and am taking huge doses of antipsychotic medication and they dont help a bit! (including clozapine and coctails of up to f.ing 3 antipsychotics)
I'm developing bad side effects from the medication and someone should take a look at it.
The problem is there are only 3-4 qualified places in Germany which diagnose AS and the waiting time is over 14 months. seriously? I'm aware of 3. world countries where the medical service is better! (really).
And there is no place where they actually offer therapies and such! those are in early development.
I think Germany is the worst place in the western world to have AS. Or anything that makes you want to go to a psychiatrist for that matter.
Can I apply for refugee in US or UK or whatever for that reason? All they do is giving you a disability pass and pay for your food forever. no other help. Thanks germany. I have food.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

omid wrote:
I was diagnosed with AS in my early 20s but the doc moved to a different city and I had to go to other doctors and all say it's schizophrenia.
Now i f-ing want to know what I have because I took and am taking huge doses of antipsychotic medication and they dont help a bit! (including clozapine and coctails of up to f.ing 3 antipsychotics)
I'm developing bad side effects from the medication and someone should take a look at it.
The problem is there are only 3-4 qualified places in Germany which diagnose AS and the waiting time is over 14 months. seriously? I'm aware of 3. world countries where the medical service is better! (really).
And there is no place where they actually offer therapies and such! those are in early development.
I think Germany is the worst place in the western world to have AS. Or anything that makes you want to go to a psychiatrist for that matter.
Can I apply for refugee in US or UK or whatever for that reason? All they do is giving you a disability pass and pay for your food forever. no other help. Thanks germany. I have food.

Come to Russia then - you'll either will have no help from the state or you'll be put into asylum. This is now western world though.
And if seriously - no, no one country will consider you as refugee for that. They'll say "goddamn, you have free food and not get bullied - then you live good there".

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 2:36 am

I am very concerned about what you report. Staying on a medicine that is not helping really concerns me - antipsychotic medicines are not appropriate if you have had no psychotic episodes and they have had no positive benefit. You lack information about the wider context to your current situation: what do the current clinicians know about spectrum conditions, what do they know about differential diagnosis? Could you write to your former clinician and ask for a referral to a colleague near you who understands ASDs in an informed way? Could you go to a university and ask there about former graduates who now practice in ASD with informed competency standards and knowledge?

I always get a sick feeling in my stomach when I hear of people on the spectrum misdiagnosed as psychotic when they are not - in fact anyone diagnosed as psychotic when they are clearly not, and in my lifetime I had met a concerning number who have been badly damaged by the incompetence of clinicians.

Please keep looking for someone who can really assist you in an informed way, just keep going until you find that one person, and bypass the idiots as soon as you identify them, just keep going because there is always someone out there somewhere who will understand and will guide you away from harm to getting the assistance that's appropriate.

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2015, 7:25 am

YAY got an apointment in 5 months in a city far away. Better than nothing. I'm actually quite happy.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jan 2015, 8:24 am

omid wrote:

You have the right to live in the UK but disability benefits are being hit pretty badly right now. Maybe Ireland?

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2015, 6:03 am

As for refugee, I was thinking about that family who wanted to home-school their children, which is prohibited in Germany (everyone must go to school til 16 or something). Anyways, they got asylum in the US. I'm sure the US is much worse than Germany if you have no insurance so I think US is not that much of a good idea. I think my idea was kina silly to be honest.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 7:21 am

omid wrote:
As for refugee, I was thinking about that family who wanted to home-school their children, which is prohibited in Germany (everyone must go to school til 16 or something). Anyways, they got asylum in the US. I'm sure the US is much worse than Germany if you have no insurance so I think US is not that much of a good idea. I think my idea was kina silly to be honest.

Really? I was sure there are some problems with homeschooling in US, at least in some states - I've read it plenty times in pro-Republican and pro-Libertarian blogs and articles. But if they give an asylum for homeschool adepts - that's great, the situation is much better than I considered. Then maybe there'd be more chances for other actually oppressed minorities to seek for asylum in the United States.