What if Neurodiverse people abandoned Earth tonight?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

al.93.7.2.cm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

Hypothetically speaking if all Neurodiverse individuals, we may abbreviate it ND, where to successfully abandon planet Earth tonight, to a world specifically suited for us to develop to our liking at our own pace, what are some possible repercussions that the NT’s Earth may experience?

Now the prompt IS NOT about the repercussions on us ND. We might as well create an alternate forum for our situation on Earth 2.0 or whatever you want to call it. Yet again we can do that later on.

This forum’s prompt IS about the effects on the NT’s earth posterior to our departure. Either set a list or write a few paragraphs/sentences, to your liking, to state your hypothesis on the future events that may or may not unravel, I suggest you aid yourself with the WH questions, with the exception of Why, to create supporting arguments for your hypothesis.

Please do take in mind that this can only be taken to the hypothesis step since, unfortunately, we lack the means for experimentation.

Hello everyone this is the first discussion forum that I create, and also I'm new to the community so if I come around as rude you have my deepest apology in advance, this topic picked my interest, hope you have a good time with it. Do not hesitate to leave me some feedback after your reply, should you deem it necessary, I would really appreciate it for future references.

Abbreviations:
ND: Neurodiverse.
NT: Neurotypical.
Forum: Discussion Forum.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 4:50 pm

NTs are part of the Neuro-Diverse "Spectrum", so NTs are also NDs.

If you mean what would happen if all people left Earth, then all traces of our current civilization might have decayed beyond recognition and recovery in about 10,000 years.

If instead you mean what would happen if all non-NTs left the Earth, then only 30 to 70 percent of the current population would be left on Earth. Civilization might have a cultural and economic setback as jobs normally held by marginalized people would be left vacant.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

al.93.7.2.cm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2015, 6:09 pm

Hey Fnord,

Well the term Neurodiversity according to Syracuse University is exclusive to individuals on the ASD spectrum and their comorbid disorders, furthermore several associations such as the Epilepsy Foundation have adopted this term and included themselves in it.

Although I see where you are coming from I just did this for the sake of fun. I'm currently busy helping a friend with his Master's thesis, although it's more like I'm doing it, but I should post my Hypothesis on this forums prompt by Wednesday since I'm going to be busy for a day or two. Still this is set to just have a good laugh and think about something, although impossible, interesting for the sake of science fiction.

Have a little fun with it, plenty of ND individuals have contributed to humanity along it's history, surely in science we got our Einstein, Kaluza, Tesla, Hawking, Darwin, Klein, Maxwell.

But many other kind of professions and fields of expertise have plenty of suspected NDs in them; Take Beethoven or Bach, most likely Autistic, Mozart surely schizophrenic. Painters like Picasso, Dali, Van Gogh were definetly not NTs. Athletes like Michael Phelps, has a residual ADHD, not to mention other Olympians. Businessmen like Mark Zukenberg, Bill Gates, I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs as well, seemingly John Maynard Keynes and many others most of them not diagnosed.

Usually an ND selects a field of interest to polish his or her ability on that field to its maximum expression.

I'm sure that everyone who has an interest either ND or NT can think of what would happen if we twisted passionate workaholics, sometimes geniuses where to leave Earth tonight.

Have fun

Random42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2015, 8:56 am

Bob was a Vice President at an important corporation. He made big decisions. Most of his decisions were based on the data analysis reports he got from an overworked employee in the Data Processing department. He swt down at his computer and checked his email. The report he requested was not there. He was getting irritated. "Does she not know how important I am!!" He thought to himself as he picked up the phone to dial been number. "Her name is... Ah yes it is Rebecca...I think" He was getting angry now. The phone just went to voicemail. He decided to call her boss, Martin. "Martin your employee Rebecca is not being responsive to my needs. I have a report I needed yesterday!! !! !! !" He listened in growing anger as Martin explained Rebecca did not show up today and that he has another employee working on the report. However, there were many things that Rebecca did that no one else there knows how to do, so his people were struggling to get the report done but would have it as soon as possible. Bob slammed down the phone.

Bob wasn't the only angry executive that day. By the end of the day, there were 10 missed calls on Rebecca's phone, all of them with angry voicemails about how they needed their reports.

Meanwhile, the Data Processing department was in chaos. Rebecca was faster at troubleshooting errors. In fact, they had relied on her too much any time an error occurred so that now they were not too sure about how to even begin to troubleshoot. Of course today was one of those days that almost everything program they ran ended in an error because they had just done another upgrade.