Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 6:09 am

cberg wrote:
I just bought a memory foam pillow. It's helping a bit, though I hope it gets somewhat squishier with time.

Memory foam is a lot softer if the room is warm. I have a memory foam mattress and pillow. When the room is cold (ie. in winter), they are hard as rock (until body heat warms it up.) But when the room is reasonably warm, they are much more comfortable. Even when cold, they do get more comfortable as the bed warms up and that doesn't take too long.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 10:46 am

Chocolate Chip / Banana Bread Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

2C All-purpose flour
1C Sugar
1/2C Butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs (beaten)
1t Baking Soda
1/2t Salt
3 Bananas (mashed)
1C Chocolate Chips
1/2C Chopped Nuts (optional)

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and bananas, with mixer. Add remaining ingredients (except, chocolate chips), and mix well. Fold-in chocolate chips (and chopped nuts, if using). Pour into sprayed loaf pan and cook in preheated oven, for 60 minutes.

Makes ONE large loaf of bread.

Note: This recipe, DOUBLED, makes 2 loaves, plus one small loaf.

It's SUPER dee-LISH!!

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 11:28 am

yeah, I think I have had on again - off again and then on again muscle tension issues as long as I can remember. Kind of like having a bit of gastritis, constipation or diarrhea along with general nervousness and anxiety - I can barely remember not having it at least to some degree

- Albert Einstein

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:14 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Chocolate Chip / Banana Bread Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

2C All-purpose flour
1C Sugar
1/2C Butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs (beaten)
1t Baking Soda
1/2t Salt
3 Bananas (mashed)
1C Chocolate Chips
1/2C Chopped Nuts (optional)

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and bananas, with mixer. Add remaining ingredients (except, chocolate chips), and mix well. Fold-in chocolate chips (and chopped nuts, if using). Pour into sprayed loaf pan and cook in preheated oven, for 60 minutes.

Makes ONE large loaf of bread.

Note: This recipe, DOUBLED, makes 2 loaves, plus one small loaf.

It's SUPER dee-LISH!!

Thank you much! I look forward to trying it!

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 8:46 pm

I used to get some muscle tension when I was working, but it's not been a problem for a long time. I'm not experiencing much stress at the moment. I guess the reduction in social challenges and the end of general workplace stress could well have been responsible. My diet is the same as it's been for years. I often use a simple meditation technique and a very brief Hatha yoga asana (a variant of the Cat Stretch), and believe they may be helpful, though I was also doing those when I used to get muscle tension and they didn't stop it. I suspect it helps to keep warm, and to get exercise. And a hot bath.

Main symptoms were a stiff neck, generally tight muscles (which I learned to consciously relax my way out of), and a slight but very distracting eyelid twitch.