Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AreUtalking2Me
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2015, 11:45 pm

Well this take place a few months ago. My stepmother refused to have anything to do with me and told me to talk to my dad's attorney. So after 6 years of procrastinating and telling non-family members about seeing a lawyer I finally talked to my dad's attorney. My share (including all the other siblings 4 in all) won't be released until my stepmother passes. If someone asks me how much am I getting I couldn't tell you neither could my dad's attorney. Talk about a rudimentary non-disclosure agreement. My dad's attorney did say I was put on the list of individuals for the trust last. I didn't hear that part my life skills counselor did.

When I got in the car I told my life skills counselor it was like going in circles.He did tell his supervisor and Regional center supervisor. All three were proud of me. His boss didn't think I would do it. After the meeting I personally think it was a waste of time because I am back at the starting gate.

Two more things about the trust: When my stepmother dies I have to ask my brother who is trustee for my share. In certain time periods I have to disclose what I am doing with the funds. I can tell this sticks in my craw.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:17 am

Well, it sounds like you've taken some important steps in the process.

What will you have to do next?

I hope it all works out well for you.

:D :D :D

AreUtalking2Me
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm

Well, lets see get a part-time job, build up credit, try to be more independent, have a rapport with my half-brother and when my stepmother passes ask for my share which will be considerable. I can conceivable buy a house anywhere in the country. The funds in the trust are unlimited supposedly. Even though I think about everyday I should concentrate on what I can change.

The people I work with in my earlier post want me to accomplish that.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:09 am

AreUtalking2Me wrote:
Well, lets see get a part-time job, build up credit, try to be more independent, have a rapport with my half-brother and when my stepmother passes ask for my share which will be considerable. I can conceivable buy a house anywhere in the country. The funds in the trust are unlimited supposedly. Even though I think about everyday I should concentrate on what I can change.

The people I work with in my earlier post want me to accomplish that.

i hope your future goes well for you. :D
it sounds like it certainly could.

how healthy is your stepmother? :P :P :P :P :P :P

maybe she'll slip on a banana peel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and you'll be RICH!! :P :P :P :P

AreUtalking2Me
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2015, 9:02 pm

My stepmother current medical condition:she had cancer 15 years ago. The chemotherapy was so bad she had to wear a wig. I couldn't tell anyone here right now how she is because I don't know. My older brother does occasionally. To me she looks better than my mom.

Yes I would say rich more likely well-off. BTW I heard from my SIL and favorite cousin that some trust are written this way.

At least I won't be poor in my old age. But still the way I got here you just have to shake your head.

There is a clause where I may not alienate the money. If anyone who knows me and my family my father alienated me. Besides how can you alienate paper: :roll: