Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

I don't like wearing sandals. I don't like wearing boots. I prefer shoes/sneakers with laces rather than loafers.

If I had a choice, I would go barefoot LOL

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:03 am

Unless coerced by family members during some sort of special occasion, or while at work, the only kinds of shoes I'll ever wear are crocs in the summer and Converse the rest of the year. I haven't worn anything else in nine years. I unconsciously scrape my heels on the ground as I walk, so my shoes always wind up with holes worn right through the sole of the heel.

I really hate high heels, and don't have the balance necessary to walk in them. Not a big fan of flip flops either; the plastic always rubs the tops of my feet raw, hence the crocs.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I had a choice, I would go barefoot LOL

As a kid I would always go barefoot in the spring and summer as often as I could, there was sometimes still leftover snow in patches on the ground when I shed my shoes. I was like some kid out of To Kill a Mockingbird in that regard.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:09 am

shoes that are markedly ramped [heel higher than toes], and shoes lacking any absorptive cush or suspension in the sole. my gravity defyers that I wear for walking are almost what the doctor ordered, the [spring-suspended] heel is a bit too high for my taste but I can walk in it around the neighborhood.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:13 am

Can't deal with anything like a flip-flop or sandal. Nope.
I'm good with most running or hiking type shoes, and I'm good with combat boots.
Big and heavy boots make me feel safely grounded.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:55 am

Overall, I have enough tolerance to bear almost any kind of footwear; except for anything heeled, high heeled enough where I'm not very used to. I won't see myself pacing across the street with that; especially if it breaks in a middle of a walk. (Which I learnt it on a hard way)
As long as it fits, doesn't have anything uncomfortable inside, not too loose or too tight, symmetric enough, and doesn't trip me would do.

I worn regular flip-flops (almost all kinds of it if it's available) nearly the whole time if not regular shoes. Sometimes it wounds my feet, but it'll always pass. Too small would just annoy me; I don't like that gap like feeling. While bigger ones are harder to walk on, and easily loosing a piece of it while walking. Big downside of toed flip-flops is that they easily break.
Funny to think almost all foot wears that I intend to keep wearing, keeps breaking.
I don't wear anything inside the house. Not even socks.
I can bear water walking boots as long as it's not too heavy and on the right size. Glad I don't wear those on a long run.

My foot size is a bit wider than the usual female size... I could bear tight ones only for few hours before giving up, and change it.

The rest well... Either I don't know what it looked like or never worn one.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:23 pm

I avoid sandals and flip-flops for mostly practical reasons: I don't want debris to get stuck under my feet and I want shoes that will stay on my feet as I walk around.

Aside from that, I have flat feet, so I can't wear shoes that have arch supports.

I usually wear skate shoes most of the time since they're the most comfortable to me.

I often slip my feet out of my shoes after a while--often without even realizing it. My mom used to get upset with me over this. :P

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:33 pm

I don't really have a problem wearing any kind of shoe. Once I had a pair that wouldn't bend with my walk, but I threw them out.

I LOVE to dress-up and wear heels----even as tall as I am, I wear 3, 4, 5 inch heels----but, for everyday, I wear high-top sneakers.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

I don't like wearing an open shoe because I feel it exposes my foot which I don't like

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:36 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I don't really have a problem wearing any kind of shoe. Once I had a pair that wouldn't bend with my walk, but I threw them out. I LOVE to dress-up and wear heels----even as tall as I am, I wear 3, 4, 5 inch heels----but, for everyday, I wear high-top sneakers.

did you play basketball when you were in school?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Stiletto heals - Not only do they hurt my feet, but they make me look fat!

:lol:

Actually, any kind of boot or shoe with a raised heel, no arch support, and narrow toe-space is simply unwearable for me.

LMFAO!! !! !

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 3:15 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I was never taught how to tie my shoes, so I can't wear shoes that have laces on them.

Perhaps, you could teach yourself. :roll:

Surely, that would not be too difficult.

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2015, 4:38 pm

I wear all my shoes very tightly (so much that sometimes the hole for the lace breaks). I also seem to 'dig' through the bottom of my shoes with my toe and crack along the line between the bit of your foot that is on the ground if you lift your heel and the bit where it isn't - where it gets wider after the narrow arch.

So, any loose shoes are a no-go for me. Shoes with thin soles I seem to wear through very quickly. I hate the feeling of sandles with the toe gap and shoes which flap when you walk.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm

FishStickNick wrote:
I avoid sandals and flip-flops for mostly practical reasons: I don't want debris to get stuck under my feet and I want shoes that will stay on my feet as I walk around.

That's actually why I like wearing flip flops, because if I get debris stuck under my foot I can shake it out easily. I can't do that if I'm wearing slip on shoe or lace up shoes.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I don't really have a problem wearing any kind of shoe. Once I had a pair that wouldn't bend with my walk, but I threw them out. I LOVE to dress-up and wear heels----even as tall as I am, I wear 3, 4, 5 inch heels----but, for everyday, I wear high-top sneakers.

Well, of COURSE----for, about a minute!! I wasn't very good----I'm terribly uncoordinated----but, they would've kept me on there, if my mother would've let me stay after school, for practice, and such.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:03 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Well, of COURSE----for, about a minute!! I wasn't very good----I'm terribly uncoordinated----but, they would've kept me on there, if my mother would've let me stay after school, for practice, and such.

you probably played better than I could, I could never make a basket despite being 6'3." I could not even dribble. :oops: