Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 4:17 pm

Im supposed to take a test of sort so they can diognose me with Aspergers. I think its called a "GUAR". Did I get that right or is it called something else? Anyway, for anybody that toke it, what was it like? What were the questions like?

Last edited by OddCoyote on 14 Mar 2007, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:21 pm

I took a test four years ago to see if I had AS. Basically, all I had to do was fill out a long questionaire and do all sorts of these easy things, like saying the number they said backwards, as well as hands on stuff. Don’t worry, it’s very easy and pretty fun, too! :)

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 4:31 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I took a test four years ago to see if I had AS. Basically, all I had to do was fill out a long questionaire and do all sorts of these easy things, like saying the number they said backwards, as well as hands on stuff. Don’t worry, it’s very easy and pretty fun, too! :)

Do you know where I can find an online version of the test?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:39 pm

I don’t think there is a true online one. All the ones I’ve seen are fake and give false answers. It’s best to take a real one.

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 4:41 pm

Cool. Can I have anything specific?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:48 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
Im supposed to take a test of sort so they can diognose me with Aspergers. I think its called a "Guar". Did I get that right or is it called something else? Anyway, for anybody that toke it, what was it like? What were the questions like?

Arent the Guar some form of alien species?That name is really familiar.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:54 pm

krex wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:
Im supposed to take a test of sort so they can diognose me with Aspergers. I think its called a "Guar". Did I get that right or is it called something else? Anyway, for anybody that toke it, what was it like? What were the questions like?

"Gwar" is a band.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:59 pm

krex wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:

Krex, I think you're thinking of these guys. http://www.gwar.net/

Other than that, I have no idea of what the Guar test is either, sorry.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 6:44 pm

Lightning88,

Wow, that sounds like it might have a test for liking puzzles, and visualizing. I could see how I might have trouble with that now, though I wouldn't have when I was younger. Then again, I AM still making observations like the answer to krexs question!

Krex,

Gua was the name of the first bad aliens in the "first wave". Guald was the name of the first bad aliens in Stargate.

Steve

Jett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2007, 6:52 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
Im supposed to take a test of sort so they can diognose me with Aspergers. I think its called a "GUAR". Did I get that right or is it called something else? Anyway, for anybody that toke it, what was it like? What were the questions like?

G-A-R-S =Gilliam Autism Rating Scale.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 7:29 pm

Jett wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:

THANKS! You're RIGHT! GARS is for normal autism, and I guess to see if you should take:

GADS=Gilliam Asperger's Disorder Scale is for Aspergers.

Steve

krex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 7:29 pm

SteveK wrote:
Lightning88,

Wow, that sounds like it might have a test for liking puzzles, and visualizing. I could see how I might have trouble with that now, though I wouldn't have when I was younger. Then again, I AM still making observations like the answer to krexs question!

Krex,

Gua was the name of the first bad aliens in the "first wave". Guald was the name of the first bad aliens in Stargate.

Steve

Give that guy a cookie.....it was the "first Wave" show I was remembering.I watched the reruns,kinda like that show...

Thanks for the Gwar links,their costumes put KISS to shame.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 7:32 pm

I LIKE cookies! I wish the internet could deliver them. OH MAN, DARN Heisenberg!! !! !! ! 8-(

BTW I forgot to say. The cost, to the examiner, for the OFFICIAL test(Straight from the originator) with the manuals, etc... is only about $2 for GADS(~$100/50) and $3(~$150/50) for GARS! I wonder how much they charge for labor and overhead!

I actually toyed with buying it myself, just to see where I score(Even though it is for ages 3-22.). ALAS, they have a qualifying questionare, and I can't buy it. 8-( Oh well.

Steve

Last edited by SteveK on 14 Mar 2007, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 8:28 pm

SteveK wrote:
Jett wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:

THANKS! You're RIGHT! GARS is for normal autism, and I guess to see if you should take:

GADS=Gilliam Asperger's Disorder Scale is for Aspergers.

Steve

Thank you! Does anyone have any information or like a link to something that could tell me about it? Im very nervous. I usually dont have that feeling.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 8:31 pm

SteveK wrote:
I LIKE cookies! I wish the internet could deliver them.

It's always bringing me cookies.

geek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 9:20 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
Does anyone have any information or like a link to something that could tell me about it? Im very nervous. I usually dont have that feeling.

Just relax and be yourself. You are who you are, there's no passing or failing as long as you do your best to give honest answers.