Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

squier
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 6:07 pm

this isn't girls and shoeshopping stuff, i'm not a girl, (not like i have anything against females)
anyway, what the post is for:

ive been noticing this for a while, but i never thought about posting it.
i seem to have developped a need to wear only vans and converse brand shoes. ive gotten into stylish shoes, and now, i can't stand not wearing shoes that aren't either of those shoes, and i feel embarraced when my converse are ratty. but i can tell it's not an obsession. can anyone tell me if they can relate, or if they think this is an aspie trait, or even explain why they think i feel this way...
:oops:

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 6:30 pm

Maybe we have an affinity for neatness.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 6:31 pm

Well, I used to ALWAYS buy the SAME type of tennis or dress shoes. BTW I HATE the term DRESS, in this context, but it refers to a type used for like business, etc... So you don't have to feel quite so ackward. It turns out that MY problem WAS an ASPIE trait! It was because of my Comfort, Reluctance to change.

ANYWAY, I changed ONLY because they stopped making the shoes I like. I guess after like a hundred years they figure they're out of style!

Steve

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2007, 9:01 pm

I always buy the same sandals, if I can, every summer. And I always buy the same type of shoe for the rest of the year. Its really hard for me to change, unless I can't find them anywhere.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 10:56 pm

I don't buy shoes, I wait until the fates provide them. I'm like this about most things.