Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

Does anyone else get so annoyed by something touching them without any warning that they become agitated and even angry? For example, something like my opening the car door and then it shutting again (and banging my leg) due to the wind, would result in my becoming so angry that I'd kick the door back open and (maybe kick it a few more times for good measure). It's just that something hitting or touching me without my prior knowledge/preparation enrages me for some reason. Any other time I'm perfectly fine but once that car door (or whatever else) hits me, it's like a light switch is flipped.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

If a friend touches me in the back I'll be upset and tell them to go away or if I for example hit my leg on a table or something I'll growl and my mother tells me to shut up :roll:

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 2:28 pm

I get defensive (step backwards, arms towards the "danger" in defending position, ready to take action if necessary) but I don't get upset - just nervous and cautious. I look at the "super dangerous thing that just attacked me" to see if it is really something that deserves being hurt.

The only situation when I will attack without thinking is one where I get really scared. For example when I was observing an interesting spider(I have arachnophobia) while eating a hard candy my dad sneaked up to me and suddenly touched me to show me that he got a camera. I got scared, swallowed the whole candy, got scared even more by swallowing the huge candy and... attacked my dad as if he was about to push me into the spiderweb. I said no word but my whole behavior was like "I must get out of here at all costs.". One hell of an aggressive panic attack.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 11:26 pm

I hate that

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman