They "need" to and other amusing NT disasters

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 9:58 am

Our admin organized a happy hour for us yesterday. I work in an IT goup of 120 in this office. Four people showed up and they were all from QA (who tend to be more extroverted). The admin had a fit this morning because only four people showed up. I pointed out that we are IT and not social as a rule. She says, "Well they NEED to be!" I looked at her and said, "Stop thinking the entire world NEEDS to be exactly like you. Where did you pick up such a screwed up idea anyway? If you asked us all to pitch in $25 a piece to pay some people to sit with you and act friendly, we'd probably do it just so you would leave us alone." She looks at me for a minute and then starts laughing. She goes, "Well, I guess I do tend to try to make everyone like me." You think?

It was just another amusing reminder of what happens when a high emoter and feeler finds a job within an IT group. Suddenly, 120 people NEED to be just like her. It made me laugh. It's such a reverse of what most of us see with NTs. I just keeping thinking about what will happen to these poor NTs as the world becomes more and more technical.

Oh, and she keeps dating geeks. LOL I wonder if she's feeling the urge to calm down some of her emoter and feeler in her future children?

Anyone else have an amusing NT disaster to relate like this? It kind of makes us not feel so alone in our disasters to see they sometimes happen to NTs as well.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 10:30 am

I can't think of any offhand but I've noticed sometimes people who have a compulsive need to organize s**t that everybody else ignores.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 10:38 am

Those are called Administrative Assistants where I work!

sun_rat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2007, 10:47 am

the big boss' administrative assistant will occassionally walk through the office and then decide that everyone needs to clean off their desks.

excuse me! but the architects and engineers are WORKING on those building plans! and REFERENCING those other rolls of plans!

DoubleFeed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2007, 11:06 am

I constantly get told to "Talk in my language" by people who don't want to hear the real name for objects.
Last night, my coworker and I were talking about the camera system, and I called them PTZ's, for "pan tilt zoom", named after what they do. She yelled at me and told me to call it "the camera you can take control of".
I'm really getting sick of the stupidity.

sun_rat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2007, 12:27 pm

DoubleFeed wrote:
I constantly get told to "Talk in my language" by people who don't want to hear the real name for objects.
Last night, my coworker and I were talking about the camera system, and I called them PTZ's, for "pan tilt zoom", named after what they do. She yelled at me and told me to call it "the camera you can take control of".
I'm really getting sick of the stupidity.

wow.

maybe start calling her "the woman who can't call things by their name" to her face...

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:11 pm

She who cannot use proper name

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 4:38 pm

:lol My husband actually can talk in otherpeople's "language" really well. I can't because I don't understand it myself.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Mar 2007, 5:34 pm

Some of my coworkers think I was put in this world just for them to talk to,
and it is always about sports or something I don't care about. They complain
that they are bored, to which I reply: "No you're not, YOU'RE BORING".