Page 4 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Mar 2007, 9:58 pm

I identify a forum member primarily by their avatar and secondarily by their user name. I like to know what forum members look like too. It helps me to relate to people better if I can see the person responsible for the text.

paranoid_android
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2007, 10:58 pm

euphrosyne wrote:
I identify a forum member primarily by their avatar and secondarily by their user name. I like to know what forum members look like too. It helps me to relate to people better if I can see the person responsible for the text.

I do the same. I have a pictoral memory and think in pictures.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 12:23 am

Ticker wrote:
Yeah I'm cute, slimey with antennas and like to hide in my shell sometimes.

Good answer.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 12:40 am

I used to do something similar with cars up to last year. Even though I knew people were in there driving them, it always seemed like the cars were driving by themselves! Kind of like in the movie, Cars, but not with the faces. Did anyone else ever do this?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 1:11 am

Lightning88 wrote:
I used to do something similar with cars up to last year. Even though I knew people were in there driving them, it always seemed like the cars were driving by themselves! Kind of like in the movie, Cars, but not with the faces. Did anyone else ever do this?

girl, I love your avatar!

I think that our avatars not only define us, but also define who we want to be, our aspirations.

For avatar I have a cover of an album I like, and I love the videos and dancing. I don't know how to dance, but would love to :oops:

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 1:18 am

paranoid_android wrote:
euphrosyne wrote:

I do the same. I have a pictoral memory and think in pictures.

Yeah, I do the same thing, but primarily because pictures are easier to see if you scan fast. People DO change their avatars though.

My avatar is simply because I am logical, misunderstood, sometimes ignored, can do the unexpected, have trouble understanding people sometimes, etc.... Just like number five!

Steve

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 1:23 am

computerlove wrote:

Thanks! Isn't Lola the best?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 1:28 am

Lightning88 wrote:
computerlove wrote:

yeah!

just by looking at your avatar I think you are like her, right?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 1:40 am

computerlove wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
computerlove wrote:

yeah!

Yeah, I guess I sort of am! I definitely have her boundless energy, we're both very girly, we're both creative, and the list goes on. Apparently, I even look like her!

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 2:13 am

My avatar is a real pic of me. NO I swear it is!! :wink: :wink:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 2:37 am

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
Ticker wrote:
Yeah I'm cute, slimey with antennas and like to hide in my shell sometimes.

Good answer.

Do I win a prize?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:19 am

KBABZ wrote:
Are we, we are, are we we are out Avataaars!

(gag on The Waiting by Greenday)

Gee, and I was singing it to "Are we ourselves" by the Fix, until I saw what you attributed it to.

Jett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2007, 9:24 am

I do think a photograph helps to personalize things when I'm reading others posts yes. So I suppose I do prefer personal photo avatars.

And on the other point of discussion, I am rarely correct as to how the person may appear without seeing them, so for the most part I am surprised when I finally do.

I do not have an avatar up yet because I cannot decide whether to put a photo up or not. I'm thinking of it because for the most part peeps think I am male when I post, and I am not.

Lonely and wet and cold, but that I kept my dream!"
~Everett Ruess

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 9:36 am

Jett wrote:
I do not have an avatar up yet because I cannot decide whether to put a photo up or not. I'm thinking of it because for the most part peeps think I am male when I post, and I am not.

Yes, a few people thought I was male by my posts when I first arrived at WP, (maybe because I sometimes talk about beer, lol) so now I usually have avatars with women in them, or feminine symbols like the moon.

Jett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2007, 10:53 am

Starr wrote:
Jett wrote:

Yes, a few people thought I was male by my posts when I first arrived at WP, (maybe because I sometimes talk about beer, lol) so now I usually have avatars with women in them, or feminine symbols like the moon.

*laughing* Yes, the beer thing would probably do it.

I will have to search for an appropriate avatar today, perhaps one of my paintings or a portion thereof.

Lonely and wet and cold, but that I kept my dream!"
~Everett Ruess

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 2:22 pm

Jett wrote:
I do think a photograph helps to personalize things when I'm reading others posts yes. So I suppose I do prefer personal photo avatars.

hi man! :lol:

do you paint?

Lightning88 wrote:
computerlove wrote:

Yeah, I guess I sort of am! I definitely have her boundless energy, we're both very girly, we're both creative, and the list goes on. Apparently, I even look like her!

seriously? cool!
If I have a daughter, I'd love to have one like her :P

Last edited by computerlove on 18 Mar 2007, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.