Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 4:47 am

I feel like I must always keep busy. If I'm not at work I get restless a lot and shaky and its hard to calm down

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 5:13 am

I don't really get bored. I get lonely quickly, but not bored. There is a difference.

Well I do get bored when I'm forced to be somewhere doing things I don't want to really do, under rules I don't agree with following, by which I mean work. But when I can come and go as I please, I don't get bored. There are always things to do. There are always chores that need doing around the home, and if you've done all the chores then you can do something you enjoy or just relax and entertain yourself, like watch a film or the TV or surf the internet, etc. And if you don't feel like doing that, then you can take a walk, go to the shops (even if you haven't got much money you can still take a walk out or just browse around the shops), or just do whatever outdoor thing you enjoy. And if you have family or friends, you can go and see them sometimes. I find there are always things to do.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:19 am

I know how to keep myself busy because I get bored easily.

Boredom = quickly losing interest in an activity (or person.)

I don't hang out in the state of being bored because I find something else to do. I agree that there's *always* something to do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:49 am

LOL..I wish I were like you, Nerdygirl!

Idleness, at times, is too much my best friend! :wink:

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 7:31 am

I used to get bored when I was a child, but I can almost always do or think about something interesting, so there is no reason to be bored unless I am ill and can't focus on anything.

I can always put my mind on something interesting.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:31 am

I wish I had the time to be bored. Far too busy in my work and personal life. :(

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

No I find I'm the opposite; I never seem to get bored even if I'm not actually doing much, because there's a lot of thoughts and thinking and ideas usually going on in my head. In a way I'm always thinking about things even if I'm staring at a wall.

To an observer I'm sitting on my couch staring into space and twiddling my hair. But inside my mind I'm writing the opening paragraph of a novel, based off a sound I just heard outside and started wondering about. Or I'm starting to compose a piece of music and realizing it could become a new song to write (one of my activities).

There's always something going on in my head to interest me and entertain me, even when there's nothing "real" to do. I can honestly be completely idle (to an outsider's eyes), sitting staring into space in a silent room, but there's a world of stuff keeping me amused inside my head.

If your mind is always active, if you're always thinking and having creative thoughts even if only in reaction to a sound, a picture, something someone said that reminds you of something else, or you're thinking of a pleasant memory, you're never bored.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:26 am

I used to be like you guys and I was never bored. Hmm. I end up getting in trouble when I feel like this :(

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

I get bored and easily distracted, it's a massive pain :(

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 11:09 am

Gaara wrote:
I get bored and easily distracted, it's a massive pain :(

Your so right about that :|

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

I can get bored easily. I often don't want to watch a TV show or movie, because I don't want to sustain my attention for that long. Even reading a book is sometimes a challenge, because I have other stuff on my mind that I'd rather think about.

It was worse when I was younger, though. I couldn't be bothered to try to sustain attention, so I just zoned out when watching or listening to something. I loved books, but I never read them from cover to cover--I just flipped through them, looking for the interesting parts.

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2015, 12:16 pm

I get bored easily if it is something that doesn't interest me. But as far as doing things around the house, running errands and stuff gets boring for me and I procrastinate.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm

I do get bored occasionally, but it happens very infrequently. It usually only occurs when I put all my plans on hold because I'm waiting for someone else to call or show up.

Other than that, I almost never do. I can always find something interesting to research or think about, or I might choose to just do something that I find mindlessly entertaining (such as rolling a ball back and forth across a table).

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

I get bored easily.
I must always do something.
I can't sit in a room with nothing but my thoughts.
I need to put my thoughts into actions.

DSR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Mar 2015, 5:18 am

Yeah, I can get bored pretty easy between interrests.(?)
I can't just sit and think about life, have to keep busy.

But since i joined this forum, that hasn't been a problem. 1240 Pages of topics in main aut. forum :) I can browse these pages for hours a day..
Also i like some computergames, and can spend somewhere between 12 and 16 hours a day if its good games.. (haven't had so much time to do that since I found WP though)

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 2:52 pm

I used to get bored easily, when I was younger. I remember spending a lot of time in my room trying to figure out how to “make time go by faster”. Sometimes, I would open up the “Book of Lists” or the “Guinness Book of World Records” or the “Making of Star Trek” and repeatedly study useless information. Other times, I would simply watch TV. Still other times, I would just play games by myself -- anything from solitaire – to poker – to backgammon. Eventually, I learned how to entertain myself (without needing others).

As an adult, I am rarely bored. I try to keep myself busy with thinking activities (such as those related to work). I also like to write in my journal and visit WP. I also have my regular routines, shopping, yard work, etc. – which for some reason – I don’t consider boring. They feel like a necessity.

Probably the only time I really am bored is:
- When I am at work and having nothing to do. Which thankfully does not happen often.
- When I am at an event where socializing is expected and I don’t have anything to say (which happens frequently) or I am uninterested in listening to others (which happens often). But, I am not certain if boredom is the correct term. Rather, the prevailing thought is escape.